Plumbing

reefanova

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for a site that sells prebuilt manifold, found it on a bulid here,but can no longer find this.Could somebody link me to this site please?

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What sort of manifold?

OP
OP
reefanova

reefanova

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What sort of manifold?

It was pvc i believe,with three or four ports of in wich to run reactors ect.I can't remember what build thread the person was using this in.Looked almost like what sombody would use with a sprinkler system for the zones,but no valves.I just cant fin the website that sales it cant rember the name like supply house or somthing.One of severl online vendor.

naterealbig

pea brain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
adbd4d82b99f7c12e4d895d3a92d764e.jpg

https://flexpvc.com/cart/agora.cgi

?

We could probably walk you through building your own - you'd have exactly what you wanted when complete. Here's my last plumbing job....
ce81fa400b9efee17fc23ebec1517691.jpg

OP
OP
reefanova

reefanova

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
adbd4d82b99f7c12e4d895d3a92d764e.jpg

https://flexpvc.com/cart/agora.cgi

?

We could probably walk you through building your own - you'd have exactly what you wanted when complete. Here's my last plumbing job....
ce81fa400b9efee17fc23ebec1517691.jpg
Yes this is exactly what i was looking for,im just researching some in hope's for a new build in the next year or so.That is an amazing looking plumbing job.Looks so good make me want to build my own manifold instead.

naterealbig

pea brain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So you've put flow meters on each port there?

Thank you for the kind compliment!

Yes, those are flow meters on each port of the manifold. They aren't a must-have, and if you do want to measure flow there are a couple different ways...

I find meters do come in particularly handy though for things like UV sterilizers, and carbon/gfo reactors however.

For meters, you also have the ones that go with the Neptune Apex. I picked the ones I used for reliability, and I think they look cooler [emoji41].

Let me know what your thinking, and I'm happy to draw you up a design, and give you a list of materials. There are a lot of options, so we can go all out, or make it budget friendly. Just let me know when you're ready!

txrdnk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yes, those are flow meters on each port of the manifold. They aren't a must-have, and if you do want to measure flow there are a couple different ways...

I find meters do come in particularly handy though for things like UV sterilizers, and carbon/gfo reactors however.

For meters, you also have the ones that go with the Neptune Apex. I picked the ones I used for reliability, and I think they look cooler [emoji41].

Let me know what your thinking, and I'm happy to draw you up a design, and give you a list of materials. There are a lot of options, so we can go all out, or make it budget friendly. Just let me know when you're ready!

OP
OP
reefanova

reefanova

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ok il get back here once im ready for material, were did you purchase the flow meters there in your setup?Thay would be great for what im planning in my head cause i would like to run external skimmer.And knowing gph to it would be nice.Im hoping to make my plumbing this time just as pretty as a reef.

garbled

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might have been my build, in which case, it was FlexPVC.com. However, the specific manifold you might have seen (which was super awesome) is no longer available on their site. They do have a bunch of other ones though, depending on your exact needs. Some of them might be better depending on what you wanted from a manifold.

naterealbig

pea brain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
nate, can i ask where you your flow meters? like the ability to use without an apex.

Hi there!

I purchased the flow meters from eBay and Amazon. They are the LFM series from Dwyer Instruments. Here's a link to the meters on Dwyers website link below. Use the info on the webpage to figure out which model you want, then find it from one of the vendors sites. Or, if you tell me what you need, I can tell you the model you want and find the cheapest source for you :)

http://www.dwyer-inst.com/Product/Flow/Flowmeters/VariableArea/SeriesLFM

Type in "Dwyer LFM " into the search on Amazon or eBay.

fdf6a3058487eb7eb7b33b3804531e91.jpg

a4a70a57fca2ba00f8a86c4cbe36930d.jpg

naterealbig

pea brain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok il get back here once im ready for material, were did you purchase the flow meters there in your setup?Thay would be great for what im planning in my head cause i would like to run external skimmer.And knowing gph to it would be nice.Im hoping to make my plumbing this time just as pretty as a reef.

That's a great goal, and also something I put a lot of focus on for this build. I posted the website and sources I used in my post above. If you need help figuring out exactly what you need, I'm happy to help!

OP
OP
reefanova

reefanova

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there!

I purchased the flow meters from eBay and Amazon. They are the LFM series from Dwyer Instruments. Here's a link to the meters on Dwyers website link below. Use the info on the webpage to figure out which model you want, then find it from one of the vendors sites. Or, if you tell me what you need, I can tell you the model you want and find the cheapest source for you :)

http://www.dwyer-inst.com/Product/Flow/Flowmeters/VariableArea/SeriesLFM

Type in "Dwyer LFM " into the search on Amazon or eBay.

fdf6a3058487eb7eb7b33b3804531e91.jpg

a4a70a57fca2ba00f8a86c4cbe36930d.jpg
This is great!Thanks man.When the time comes i may need a hand il have to pm when i get there.Thanks agian!!I really love the community here so much info,and great peps[emoji2] [emoji2]

txrdnk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nate, thanks for the reply. my interest is also for future build, bookmarked in my equipment section.
reefanova, sorry for the hijack, also nice to know there are others in my situation. good luck on your build

OP
OP
reefanova

reefanova

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nate, thanks for the reply. my interest is also for future build, bookmarked in my equipment section.
reefanova, sorry for the hijack, also nice to know there are others in my situation. good luck on your build
No hjacking here,thanks for the luck.

Back