PMUP stand/bracket

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a Neptune ATK and have the PMUP in my ATO reservoir. The bends in the plastic tubing that came with the PMUP tend to make it tip over, so frequently it ends up on its side and starts sucking air before the reservoir is empty and before water level drops below the sensor I have at the bottom.

Does anyone have any ideas on a good stand or bracket that wold hold the PMUP upright?

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could have sworn I saw someone make one out of acrylic and then glue it to the inside of their acrylic ATO container. It was like a mini sock holder. Can't find the thread tho.

OP
OP
Sleepydoc

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! Thanks for the idea, Don. Just put a quick holder together with some scrap acrylic I had laying around. I'll see how it does holding the pump. If I need to, my plan is to drill some holes in the tall back piece and put some suction cups in to stick it to the wall.

(for those who didn't see the video posted above, the bottom cage of the PMUP screws off, so I simply unscrewed it, put the threaded portion though the hole and screwed it back on.

IMG_2180.JPG

IMG_2179.JPG

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 18.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 41 51.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back