Pmup

Wolters_88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do I buy just the pmup connector and water line? Trying to make something that auto fills my ATO but can’t seem to find this anywhere.

OP
OP
Wolters_88

Wolters_88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’ll also need a float and/or sensors to trigger the pump on and off. Otherwise it’s not really an auto topoff.
I have an ATK. This would be just a pump running water from my RODI collection container to my ATO container once my low water sensor is triggered. I’m just trying to find these two parts and can’t.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The PMUP fits any standard 3/8" push-connect fitting. You could either use a 3/8"-to-3/8" coupler, or a 3/8"-to-1/4" reducing coupler. These can be purchased at most hardware stores, or at any online store that sells push-connect fittings.

OP
OP
Wolters_88

Wolters_88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The PMUP fits any standard 3/8" push-connect fitting. You could either use a 3/8"-to-3/8" coupler, or a 3/8"-to-1/4" reducing coupler. These can be purchased at most hardware stores, or at any online store that sells push-connect fittings.
Sweet, I have all that on hand. Now when I connect it to the accessory port on the side of the EV832. Where do I go in the app to set that up?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet, I have all that on hand. Now when I connect it to the accessory port on the side of the EV832. Where do I go in the app to set that up?
The EB832 has two 24v Accessory ports. You just need to identify the name of the port you're plugging into. Use the System View to expand your EB832 to see each of its output names. Add those output sliders onto your dashboard if they are not already on the dashboard (use the padlock icon to access the unused tiles at the top of the screen, scroll through the list, then click & drag the sliders down to your dashboard). Then with the PMUP plugged in, move the slider to the ON position to see if the PMUP turns on. If it doesn't, then try the other slider until you identify which one is which. The default names are LinkA_#_9 and LinkB_#_10, where # is the AquaBus address of your EB832.

Screen Shot 2021-09-27 at 2.14.37 PM.png

See my System View tutorial for more:

OP
OP
Wolters_88

Wolters_88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The EB832 has two 24v Accessory ports. You just need to identify the name of the port you're plugging into. Use the System View to expand your EB832 to see each of its output names. Add those output sliders onto your dashboard if they are not already on the dashboard (use the padlock icon to access the unused tiles at the top of the screen, scroll through the list, then click & drag the sliders down to your dashboard). Then with the PMUP plugged in, move the slider to the ON position to see if the PMUP turns on. If it doesn't, then try the other slider until you identify which one is which. The default names are LinkA_#_9 and LinkB_#_10, where # is the AquaBus address of your EB832.

Screen Shot 2021-09-27 at 2.14.37 PM.png

See my System View tutorial for more:
Ok, thank you. I found it and changed it.

What code would I write to have it run for like ten minutes when my res_lo sensor is triggered so it auto filled my ATO container?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, thank you. I found it and changed it.

What code would I write to have it run for like ten minutes when my res_lo sensor is triggered so it auto filled my ATO container?
Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If res_lo OPEN Then ON
Min Time 010:00 Then ON

This assumes your sensor reports OPEN when water is low. If yours is opposite, change the code to:

If res_lo CLOSED Then ON

See my Apex Command Reference article for an overview of all these commands:

OP
OP
Wolters_88

Wolters_88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If res_lo OPEN Then ON

This assumes your sensor reports OPEN when water is low. If yours is opposite, change the code to:

If res_lo CLOSED Then ON

See my Apex Command Reference article for an overview of all these commands:

Thank you.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well now my ATO won’t work.
Please explain. You indicated this PMUP is a different pump than your separate ATO. Did you make a change to your ATO code by mistake? Please post your code for the ATO.

OP
OP
Wolters_88

Wolters_88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please explain. You indicated this PMUP is a different pump than your separate ATO. Did you make a change to your ATO code by mistake? Please post your code for the ATO.

I added a 24v and switched the ATk to constant power since it was running off my EB832. Now the second pmup is running off the accessory port. E7A80EB9-F330-4D69-9CB0-20C8B2DDEAEA.png

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of sensors are you using for ATO_Lo, ATO_Hi, and Res_Lo? The standard ATK uses optical sensors, and they report OPEN when dry and CLOSED when wet. Your ATK code does not match the standard, because it's waiting for ATO_Lo to report CLOSED to turn on the pump, but that is the opposite of normal.

See my ATK Tutorial for a detailed description of how the code is supposed to work:

OP
OP
Wolters_88

Wolters_88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of sensors are you using for ATO_Lo, ATO_Hi, and Res_Lo? The standard ATK uses optical sensors, and they report OPEN when dry and CLOSED when wet. Your ATK code does not match the standard, because it's waiting for ATO_Lo to report CLOSED to turn on the pump, but that is the opposite of normal.

See my ATK Tutorial for a detailed description of how the code is supposed to work:
My sensor is the exact same as the two that come with the ATK. Just have a 3D printed piece that connects to the pmup and holds the sensor. Attached you will see it’s completely in the water and still saying open.

Attachments

• DB784EAC-5C19-4247-ADDD-2E219DDF0D3F.jpeg
    DB784EAC-5C19-4247-ADDD-2E219DDF0D3F.jpeg
    30.6 KB · Views: 26

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like we're running down a rabbit hole here. There are multiple problems I can see from your screenshots, and either I am misunderstanding how you have things set up, or you haven't provided the full details of what you have set up and what you're trying to accomplish.

Here is what I'm recommending at this point:

1. Your ATK FMM's 24v output is connected to your PMUP for ATO. If that's true, you need to set the ATK output slider to AUTO instead of ON so that the Apex can turn it on and off based on the optical sensor status. If you leave it set to ON, it will run 24/7 regardless of the water level.

2. Your ATK output program needs to be changed back to the standard programming so it reads the optical sensors properly:

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If ATO_Lo OPEN Then ON
If ATO_HI CLOSED Then OFF
If RES_LO OPEN Then OFF
When On > 005:00 Then OFF
Defer 000:10 Then ON
Defer 000:04 Then OFF
Min Time 060:00 Then OFF

3. Your other PMUP (not the one connected to the FMM) is on the EB832, and should be set to this code:

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If RES_LO OPEN Then ON

4. If your ATK optical sensors are underwater, but still reporting OPEN, then the sensor either isn't fully plugged into the FMM, the FMM isn't detecting it as an optical sensor, or the sensor is faulty. Follow the troubleshooting steps in my ATK tutorial to isolate and identify the problem with the sensor:

OP
OP
Wolters_88

Wolters_88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like we're running down a rabbit hole here. There are multiple problems I can see from your screenshots, and either I am misunderstanding how you have things set up, or you haven't provided the full details of what you have set up and what you're trying to accomplish.

Here is what I'm recommending at this point:

1. Your ATK FMM's 24v output is connected to your PMUP for ATO. If that's true, you need to set the ATK output slider to AUTO instead of ON so that the Apex can turn it on and off based on the optical sensor status. If you leave it set to ON, it will run 24/7 regardless of the water level.

2. Your ATK output program needs to be changed back to the standard programming so it reads the optical sensors properly:

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If ATO_Lo OPEN Then ON
If ATO_HI CLOSED Then OFF
If RES_LO OPEN Then OFF
When On > 005:00 Then OFF
Defer 000:10 Then ON
Defer 000:04 Then OFF
Min Time 060:00 Then OFF

3. Your other PMUP (not the one connected to the FMM) is on the EB832, and should be set to this code:

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If RES_LO OPEN Then ON

4. If your ATK optical sensors are underwater, but still reporting OPEN, then the sensor either isn't fully plugged into the FMM, the FMM isn't detecting it as an optical sensor, or the sensor is faulty. Follow the troubleshooting steps in my ATK tutorial to isolate and identify the problem with the sensor:
My reservoir sensor is fully submerged and as you seen above it’s saying that it’s open.

01114870-3F53-44F1-ABAF-BB71B9981594.jpeg

OP
OP
Wolters_88

Wolters_88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I take it out of the water it says closed.

Attachments

• C9D7DBDB-B650-4830-B33D-AEFDE510C910.png
    C9D7DBDB-B650-4830-B33D-AEFDE510C910.png
    347.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 19892ED3-DBAE-4567-9B0E-CFE5C6B99BAF.jpeg
    19892ED3-DBAE-4567-9B0E-CFE5C6B99BAF.jpeg
    191.6 KB · Views: 23

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I take it out of the water it says closed.
You'll need to contact Neptune Support. That optical sensor is reporting the opposite of normal.

DaneGer21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the optical sensor getting a weird reading from the bottom glass and the wood somehow?

Try suspending the pmup and sensor from the bottom and see what happens…???

OP
OP
Wolters_88

Wolters_88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the optical sensor getting a weird reading from the bottom glass and the wood somehow?

Try suspending the pmup and sensor from the bottom and see what happens…???
That wouldn’t change the fact it’s backwards outside of the water too.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back