Pocillaporidae

BestMomEver

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I confess.... I love this family of SPS. For me they are easy to maintain, grow quickly, and are generally happy no matter where I put them. Presently, I only have three....green, purple (milka), and a pink/green bird’s nest. I would love to have a pocillaporidae-only tank, but, alas, I have only one tank and lots of stuff in it.

But I want to see what everyone has and where you got it from. I will post pictures of mine as soon as I can.

chipmunkofdoom2

Always Making Something
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have many great examples in this family personally. What I can say is that they're excellent starter SPS. Stylophora, while not always a fast grower, is nearly indestructible. Seriatopora can be a bit more finnicky, but is still fast-growing and easy to care for. Pocillopora sometimes gets a bad reputation because they can take over a tank by bailing out their polyps, but I still really like them. I like the idea that they're a primary reef-builder, and I think that makes them interesting at the very least.

Personally, if you want a Pocillaporidae, I'd get three different colored pocillapora and let them bail out their polyps over time. You'll have a tank covered in Pocillaporidae very shortly ;)

OP
OP
BestMomEver

BestMomEver

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me too! I wish I could find some crazy colored ones like some of the acros I see. Unique Corals seems to have the best selection. It seems as most other vendors avoid them which is absurd. I guess compared to others they look plain.

Anyone have any lookers?

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.8%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 72 42.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%

Back