Slowest growing monti plates

  • Thread starter Thread starter Teddy99
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Teddy99

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 31, 2026
Messages
63
Reaction score
59
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering, what color or morph are the slowest growing plating Montipora?
If you have some - pictures please 🙏🏻

I know Montipora plates are usually considered fast growers and can get really big, but I love the look of Montipora and want to add some to my new tank when it’s set up. To postpone constant fragging as long as possible, please tell me your experience.

I found a neon green one at one of my local stores that’s supposed to be slower than grafted, red and standard green.
 
More of an encruster than plating monticap but it also doesn't grow nearly as fast as the caps and looks nice I think. I can't remember what it's called tho. Maybe someone will know. Orange and green caps do grow quickly but are also very easy to trim back.

PXL_20260901_193040721.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new