Pod farm

Redbird5

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 22, 2025
Messages
789
Reaction score
437
Location
Metro East St. Louis
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my simple pod farm. Very basic plastic bottle pods, and two tablespoons of plankton plus whatever was in the bottle of pods.

Pods went up to $19.99 at my LFS.
Is there anything I need to add, subtract, multiply or divide or change?



20261001_130616.jpg
 
That doesn’t look appetizing.

Not all pods (amphipods , copepods) are the same and within that group their are thousands of species.

First, determine what pods you have, then I suggest you google the subject.
 
That doesn’t look appetizing.

Not all pods (amphipods , copepods) are the same and within that group their are thousands of species.

First, determine what pods you have, then I suggest you google the subject.
I use chatgpt and researched it for about a year before trying it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new