Pokpo Genesis Nano Overflow Device

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

JDnKY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well maybe the big guys like marine depot and brs will look into.it if it gets enough attention . I'm sure they would want to try it out. hopefully the guy that came up with the idea is reaching out to.the right people

I talked to the inventor several times yesterday, I’m not sure he’s reaching out to anyone. I’m trying to buy a few and some extra to share on here and he can’t even tell me how to send him $. He said “China doesn’t support PayPal” and can’t tell me how he can receive money. He needs an experienced importer/exporter that speaks Chinese.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thousands of of items on AliExpress does not seem that hard to sell things there.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi reefwiser.

Do you happen to know the size of the piping? I heard it’s in metric, which makes it it tricky for US application.

No idea this device has been around for several years in China. There is no US distributor currently.

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the posted video the place he got it from was Uni Hill Aquarium in Australia. They don't have a website but this is the phone #( +61 3 8578 0408 ) listed on their FB page. I was going to call now but since there's a 14 hr time difference I will try later.

ReefWithCare

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thousands of of items on AliExpress does not seem that hard to sell things there.

This ^. I’m actually confused as well. It’s very easy for a [emoji630] seller to sell on EBay and Amazon. They can just ship DHL express worst case and just charge more for the product or shipping. Lots of [emoji630] companies do this. Even if shipping is $49 and the product costs $99 shipped ppl would still buy it [emoji28].

ReefWithCare

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,

So my bros at Ming Trading Company actually supply the Pokpo to a ton of LFS across the US. If they are listed on their website, they can order the overflow and you can pick up the overflow at the LFS. They also said if your LFS is not listed, they can contact them and they can work to setup an account so they can ship to that LFS.

Here is the link to their network:
https://mingllc.com/where-to-buy/

Support your LFS folks :)

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet. Just placed an order. Let’s see how this works
Me too. Never had any problems at all with the overflow in 4 years of operation but it will be nice not having to clean it a few times a year. Maybe the Clowns will finally host all the RBTA's that are right below the overflow that they're hosting.

tomxreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my pokpo from eBay. I was running out for work but managed to open the box. It included a segment of pipe approx 4 ft long. Looks like I might need some more pipe though.

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I watched the video before my post of how does it work, but I didn't sort out from it how it works from that, just that it does. What is in the center larger section that makes the siphon start again? I get the tube being a siphon break when low, but how does the water start flowing in the device again when water is restarted?

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my pokpo from eBay. I was running out for work but managed to open the box. It included a segment of pipe approx 4 ft long. Looks like I might need some more pipe though.
Same here. I was pleased to see there were more parts added than was pictured including the pipe. The pipe is clear though so I’ll be swapping that out.

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still trying to get my hand on one but no luck.
The basic one is still available on ebay from the post above. If you want to order from China you can use the link below, there's more than just the basic and have the one that comes with two if you need more flow plus other accessories.
https://www.yoycart.com/seller/hoonyhoon/

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back