• No - Never Target Feed

Votes: 124 29.2%

• Total voters

FugeTown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every time I feed my favia , favite & candy canes coral frenzy pellets they look more full / healthier the next day. Actually I saved my blood diamond favite after a tank crash as soon as I noticed tentacles coming out again thankfully it ate a couple pellets really slow but the next day I could tell it looked much healthier. Here's a pic of the bounce back.

IMG_1970.JPG

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every time I feed my favia , favite & candy canes coral frenzy pellets they look more full / healthier the next day. Actually I saved my blood diamond favite after a tank crash as soon as I noticed tentacles coming out again thankfully it ate a couple pellets really slow but the next day I could tell it looked much healthier. Here's a pic of the bounce back.

IMG_1970.JPG
Nice save @FugeTown. Corals like to eat! Colors look great

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mixed up some red juice from the fish mix a couple cubes of oyster egg & some smushed ocean planton. in tank water. then I used a big syringe & target fed the zoas a lobo,a favia that's trying to come back & another coral I don't know what it is. I also unpluged the return & poured some of the mix into the water. I did this early this week & just now after lights out. the return has been off for 40 mins now. Hope this is a good plan. I haven't really fed my corals before just every so often. I don't know if it's overfeeding or not enough etc. Any Op's on night versus day? Thanks

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 31.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back