Poll: Do you use a grounding probe??

I was thinking that if you saw the GFCI was tripped, you would know there's a problem and the battery backup would keep your tank alive until you could fix the problem.

If it trips due to a short on something your not going to want to put power to it till the short is found I would think

That's what I wasn't sure how much of a problem that would be.
 
I was thinking that if you saw the GFCI was tripped, you would know there's a problem and the battery backup would keep your tank alive until you could fix the problem.

If it trips due to a short on something your not going to want to put power to it till the short is found I would think

That's what I wasn't sure how much of a problem that would be.
 
I see your point but that's a risk you would choose to take....because if you still have power through battery backup your short is still going to be letting stray voltage into the water
 
Use one if you want to....wear sunscreen if you want to....fasten your seat belt if you want... Eat vegetables...... It's up to you ultimately.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new