Votes: 28 3.3%

• Total voters

Sir Chris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a skunk & coral banded - aka Boxer Shrimp - and I like the boxer better. He comes out at night and walks over everyone, no anemone or fish can do / say anything about it. The DT is *his* tank.
I’ve been looking into a cleaner for actually cleaning a blonde naso I’m wanting 2 get soon but if there like peppermints no way. There isn’t a shrimp I’d put in my tank from the issues they make. From food taking 2 every time your hand goes in its like feeding time and can’t deal with things I have 2 push away.... Harlequin would b it but then no stars and I love serpents and brittle stars like I have only a quarter in side total last time was hitch hikers

Sir Chris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my cleaner shrimps over the past years, but I just got a candy cane pistol shrimp and I LOVE watching him build his tunnels! My guy even will brush his claws after each sand push much like we brush our hands together to make sure they are clean.
Do I have an issue with ur rock Work becoming unstable. Is it set up. I’m gettig a 75 running like in 3 days I pray have it all. Just tinker toys now. And I was going 2 put round cluster Barnical’s at the base and make em all connect and burry em b4 the rock but I’m not all same. I’m the front is 2-3 inch sand bed tjat will move about and the back is bare. So anything to help a collapse or a rock somehow breaking the bottom? Thanks

Sir Chris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see there are lots of peppermint shrimp haters here but they are great in a seahorse tank., that is as long as the food bowl is up high on the glass where they wont get in it. They find any mysis that the ponies waste and keep the tank clean and I love that about them. Their larvae makes a good snack for the ponies too.
I believe ever fish or creature searches a given purpose and in others is a horrible move. It’s them trying 2 get up 2 it that would kill me.... why not sexs just curious. I know they are way way way more effective with clean up compared 2 sexys

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe ever fish or creature searches a given purpose and in others is a horrible move. It’s them trying 2 get up 2 it that would kill me.... why not sexs just curious. I know they are way way way more effective with clean up compared 2 sexys
My seahorses are a pretty large specie so only large shrimp are safe in the tank. At my lfs, the peppermints were a lot bigger than the sexies.

Mark Derail

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I had the tank and time, I would love to set up a Mantis tank...
@AlexG has a novel solution - his Mantis is in his refugium - a totally separate tank. Check out his vids on it, it's yellow-ish and pretty cool.

Most of us with a sump have a built-in refugium as part of the sump. But if you get another nice sized tank that can be a mini-display tank, where you grow macro algae, put some live rocks, it's a perfect place to house a non-reef safe critter.
Refugiums can be cool looking if they don't house uniquely Chaeto...

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 21.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back