Votes: 321 53.2%

• Total voters

Ardeus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw that. The eggs and sperm are very visible. And you say they spawn everyday? At what age do they start?

By the way, thanks for helping me save my magnifica. It's getting bigger by the day.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost every day. I did not pay attention to how long the females are in my tank. I only have two at the time. I ordered 3 small ones form LA, two make it and ended up with 4 in my harem.
They will get fat and the female will get swollen with eggs. Feed them well and they will spawn nightly.

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Minh is the Flame Angel Guru, he can create a pair like no other. I got lucky with my first pair. I had a large male and added a small female/non-male. She would use the large birdsnest as a hiding place because the male was too large to enter. When I would feed she would fly out to grab food from the male’s mouth and the chase would lead right back to the birdsnest. After a month they started to spawn. Adding a second female was easy, it took less than a minute for the male to accept her. I lost the three because of stupidity and adding another fish too quickly from a QT tank. Now comes the second pair, this time because of Minh I knew what to look for. The only thing was the male was smaller than the female, well guess what they switched rolls and they started spawning a little over a month ago. Not sure if what I did was the best way to create a pair because I used a 40 gallon tank filled with liverock. There was so many hiding places that no way one fish chase can a another for more than a second. Plus after first receiving the fish I did a FW bath for 10 to 15 minutes, then a 2 hour Prazi bath with both fish being added to the 40 gallon for observation, QT and pairing.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back