Polo Reef goes to Ohio

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bleigh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Joined
Jan 15, 2019
Messages
9,226
Reaction score
20,812
Location
Charlotte, NC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first episode of Season 2 of Polo Reef by Andrew Sandler just dropped, aka @Hedgedrew here on R2R. I am 5 minutes in and am blown way by the cinematography. This episode features their trip to @Tidal Gardens, which I am also an uber fan of. Than and Andrew have both been hobbyists for decades and they talk about how they have seen reefing change over the decades and how their own reefing styles and knowledge have evolved in that time.

On a side note, I remember when Andrew first started his build thread here. I was blown away back then and he continues to ratchet up the wow factor. The growth of his tank is beyond amazing. I encourage you to watch this episode and also go back and take a look at his build thread. His knowledge and passion will absolutely blow your mind! Let me know what you think about this episode!!


 
What an amazing experience at Than’s place. Learned a lot from this trip and I hope everyone enjoys the season we are bringing to the hobby.
 
I'm a fan of both @Tidal Gardens and Polo Reef! Excited to watch this!!
 
I'll be watching this later in my spare time!!
 
Absolutely great episode! I used to live in Ohio about an hour from Tidal Gardens, and I always enjoyed visiting when I could. Back then everything was in a greenhouse. It was really dope to see the new building. Than and his team have always had one of the best operations around. I was particularly excited to hear that 90% of their stock is aquacultured stuff they're propagating in-house! Awesome job, @Tidal Gardens!! Thanks to @Hedgedrew and the Polo Reef team for showcasing this for us!!
 
The first episode of Season 2 of Polo Reef by Andrew Sandler just dropped, aka @Hedgedrew here on R2R. I am 5 minutes in and am blown way by the cinematography. This episode features their trip to @Tidal Gardens, which I am also an uber fan of. Than and Andrew have both been hobbyists for decades and they talk about how they have seen reefing change over the decades and how their own reefing styles and knowledge have evolved in that time.

On a side note, I remember when Andrew first started his build thread here. I was blown away back then and he continues to ratchet up the wow factor. The growth of his tank is beyond amazing. I encourage you to watch this episode and also go back and take a look at his build thread. His knowledge and passion will absolutely blow your mind! Let me know what you think about this episode!!



Where are you watching each season ?
YouTube ?
 
Absolutely great episode! I used to live in Ohio about an hour from Tidal Gardens, and I always enjoyed visiting when I could. Back then everything was in a greenhouse. It was really dope to see the new building. Than and his team have always had one of the best operations around. I was particularly excited to hear that 90% of their stock is aquacultured stuff they're propagating in-house! Awesome job, @Tidal Gardens!! Thanks to @Hedgedrew and the Polo Reef team for showcasing this for us!!
Wow I remember going to that green house that must have been close to 20 years ago. I have since moved out of Ohio as well. Cool how well they have grown.
 
It’s disappointing you can’t go to Tidal Gardens without an appointment and that’s for pick up only. I remember you used to be able to, now they aren’t even recommended by anyone in any of the Facebook groups. I’m not bashing them and the video is cool and all but is unrealistic as no one else can visit them.
 
It’s disappointing you can’t go to Tidal Gardens without an appointment and that’s for pick up only. I remember you used to be able to, now they aren’t even recommended by anyone in any of the Facebook groups. I’m not bashing them and the video is cool and all but is unrealistic as no one else can visit them.
They are not a public aquarium. Foot traffic brings it's own level of risk.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new