Poly filter in acro tank?

Miami Reef

Reef Chem Enthusiast
View Badges
Joined
Sep 8, 2017
Messages
17,255
Reaction score
29,666
Location
Miami
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I use poly filters in addition to water changes in a tank with acros? I bought new KP rocks and I don’t want nutrients to swing when the KP rocks are added. I’m sure some organic matter will rise when sponges, Tunicates etc die off since they rarely survive in aquaria.

Or should I just rely on water changes?
 
Can I use poly filters in addition to water changes in a tank with acros? I bought new KP rocks and I don’t want nutrients to swing when the KP rocks are added. I’m sure some organic matter will rise when sponges, Tunicates etc die off since they rarely survive in aquaria.

Or should I just rely on water changes?
I do and safely
I like this sponge media
 
How quickly do poly pads remove phosphates? I don’t want to shock anything.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 32.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new