Polylabs and vibrant

Ponterbuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello
I’m new to all of this. Reefing hobby and the forum. I’m not sure if I’m posting this in the right location. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knows if I can dose vibrant and polylabs medic or if I need to run the full ich med till I can dose the vibrant? Any and all help is great!

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello
I’m new to all of this. Reefing hobby and the forum. I’m not sure if I’m posting this in the right location. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knows if I can dose vibrant and polylabs medic or if I need to run the full ich med till I can dose the vibrant? Any and all help is great!

You are aware that vibrant is not bacteria but a polymer algaecide?

OP
OP
Ponterbuck

Ponterbuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No pictures. I’m not home I’m currently 15’ in a treestand hunting. I have three tangs kole powder brown and sailfin. Also a lawnmower blenny

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last February I had an ich outbreak and used polylab medic along with increased feeding and the food soaked in Selcon, Vitachem and garlic extreme. I have all the fish that are ich free although I know the ich is still in the tank waiting for an opportunity.

nkyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I found that out when it was on its way. Ticked me off but I have to do it. Gha is choking corals
I had a GHA outbreak and a sea hare with some manual removal were enough to get rid of it. Afterwards I got my nutrients back to a sustainable level.

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far managed to avoid chemicals myself. Between manual removal and a ReefCleaners snail package it’s getting mostly under control. Yeah if I have to use chemical warfare I’m avoiding Vibrant. Had a bottle , tossed it mostly full when I heard . On general principals, don’t like being lied to.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 82.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.8%
Back