Polynesian Atavai Sunset Wrasse

How‘s he behaving? I see the femininus checking him out.
He's good, I have a piece of plexiglass separating them so he can acclimate appropriately. The Earls wrasse is the most aggressive out of the two wrasse so that's the one I am most worried about when I introduce him.
 
following along! both wrasses are beautiful! hope they get along well!
 
That fish is amazing. Haven't seen or heard of it until now. Wish you the best of luck in keeping long term
 
Just seen this, if this is how big your current specimen is then unfortunately he’s max size already and likely won’t have long to live as even female wrasses are shortly lived. They don’t generally get much over 7 years from females, males we get are generally young so we say 4-5 years but with a large male you’re expecting maybe 2 years out of it generally.
 
Here is an update, I acclimated and zero aggression displayed. They all accepted him with open fins, LOL

 
Beautiful wrasse .. but…Who’s shredding the tangs fins?
I am not sure. I can't figure it out! I think its the file fish but have no evidence just a hunch.
 
I am not sure. I can't figure it out! I think its the file fish but have no evidence just a hunch.
My bets go towards the angels, those guys are known for nipping.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new