Polyp Addict's 45g Cadlights Shallow Build

Thanks everyone! I hate coming home to a fish jerky, with the tank being so shallow I decided to get an acrylic top made. Couldn't be happier, now I can add fish without worrying about them carpet surfing while I'm at work.


 
Nice!
 
Very nice! I have the CadLights 70G Artisan II and I'm really enjoying it.
 
I've decided to free my 2 bta's from the specimen container. I placed one in the tank and I've been reading that how to keep nem's from moving around. I really don't have any corals in the tank right now so if it does decided to move hopefully it'll stick to that place. What I read was, place some rock around where you hope the nem will stay, then put a net over the nem for a few days to "force" it to stay there. Wish me luck! I placed the other nem in my fuge to add more color down there. Only have chaeto growing there for now. Any one else have ideas how to keep nems from moving around?

 
image.jpeg
IMO
You needed rocks that similar to this so the anemone will attached it foot deep down & It won't move.Away from high flow area
 
Last edited:
Haven't posted much, nothing going on just going through the cycling process. I did purchase some beautiful macro algae, hoping to get good growth in my fuge.




My chaeto was the first macro added a few weeks back, was only a golf ball size when purchased, now it's up to a softball!
 
It's been a while since I've updated. I just recently switch from the kessils to an ATI Sunpower fixture. Very happy with it, I felt like I've always gotten better results with T5's. I know my corals are happy. Lots of coralline algae growing now on my macro rock, I'll be adding SPS fairly shortly.


 
seriously considering downsizing to this tank. How do you like it? any updates? looks promising so far
 
Update?
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new