Votes: 82 38.7%

• Total voters

jessezm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*Asking for a friend*

When his acros have good PE and look healthy, he feels happy. When they don't, he feels anxious and depressed. Is this as sign of an unhealthy co-dependency, or just a sign he should spend more time, money, and energy taking care of his corals? Again, just asking for a friend...

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless *his* corals are having tissue necrosis or discoloration, *he* really shouldn't get all that anxious. Daytime PE is just something that happens from time to time in my experience since my acros only have PE at night anyways, so it really doesn't bother me unless I can see them having issues or struggling.

OP
OP
jessezm

jessezm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He did have a recent loss of a few colonies with some STN and some RTN, causing a more severe mood swing I am told. However other colonies are looking good. I think he's just a little on edge, lately...

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just tell him to try to maintain consistency with his parameters, and make sure there are no rapid changes, if any.

If a coral is going through RTN, try to salvage some as frags and place them on plugs after dipping them. I've saved a few corals by doing that in the past so it's not a total loss.

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*Asking for a friend*

When his acros have good PE and look healthy, he feels happy. When they don't, he feels anxious and depressed. Is this as sign of an unhealthy co-dependency, or just a sign he should spend more time, money, and energy taking care of his corals? Again, just asking for a friend...

I think your friend might be my spirit animal

acro-ed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hah. When I leave to go to work I can almost channel whether I'm going to have a good day based on checking over the tank and evaluating the PE before I leave. lol. This morning was next level awesome PE and my day is going really well so far... coincidence? I think not.

-Ed

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
LOL Hi I'm Daniel. And I'm codependent with my reef tank. :D

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Added a poll to the top ;Happy

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless *his* corals are having tissue necrosis or discoloration, *he* really shouldn't get all that anxious. Daytime PE is just something that happens from time to time in my experience since my acros only have PE at night anyways, so it really doesn't bother me unless I can see them having issues or struggling.

Mine have what people tell me is "extreme PE" at all times. Day, night, doesn't matter. I give them as much flow as humanly possible, pushing 6500gph in a 50 cube, and probably adding another 1500-2000gph soon.

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi , I'm Brian & I'm addicted to my aquariums. If one looks bad I stress. I find myself talking to my tanks. I'll have verbal conversations with the skimmer. I idealize this isn't the best place if I'm wanting to kick this expensive habit ,but Hey Ok I said it , in support of Danial . I feel better now ! :)

daelie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine have what people tell me is "extreme PE" at all times. Day, night, doesn't matter. I give them as much flow as humanly possible, pushing 6500gph in a 50 cube, and probably adding another 1500-2000gph soon.

Whoa! What powerheads are you running in that tank?

Kremis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea i am kinda, if i walk by my tank and all of my zoas are closed and my SPS are all STNing, that would stress me out a lot and put me in a bad/sad mood for the next week or so lol

Scorpius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If Acropora ain't happy ain't nobody gonna be happy and gonna be full panic till I figure out what in the heck is wrong.

Just look at the last line in my signature....

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I'm ever worried, my solace is a late night scotch with a flashlight and my tank. Sometimes it hurts that the corals don't put on that same show during the daytime. I forgive them though... only after I have forgiven myself...

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back