Polyp identification please!

Zallman125

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought this from my lfs for 12 bucks said it was a green star polyp but doesn't look green at all..base of the coral is purple and the heads are like white stems are a light brown any ideas what it is ? Water is perfect and I got a T5 light with LEDs moon lights make the tip of testicals light green neon they all are open and look healthy though
image.jpg
image.jpg

ReeferIX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like GSP to me. Give them TLC and time... They will color-up for sure.... Beware once they start growing they don't stop.

ReeferIX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
reef photo (2).jpg
Mine looked the exact same when I bought them 6 mths ago. See how it grows all over the glass & rocks.

OP
OP
Z

Zallman125

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
reef photo (2).jpg Mine looked the exact same when I bought them 6 mths ago. See how it grows all over the glass & rocks.

Haha nice tank but I hope mine does that !! Looks amazing! My polyp came on like a square piece of a rock or something it's not live rock either looks like a thin square piece of clay should I place it close as I can to a live rock for it to attach to it? Cut it off? Ideas ??

ReeferIX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once you place it somewhere leave it alone, and it will start growing off the frag plug onto what ever is close by. Every-time you tear it or rip it off something it will take a few days to week to heal and then it will start growing again like crazy.

inkom reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brown Star polyps. Same as gsp with the obvious color variation. These were one of my first corals and years later still reside in my tank

OP
OP
Z

Zallman125

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once you place it somewhere leave it alone, and it will start growing off the frag plug onto what ever is close by. Every-time you tear it or rip it off something it will take a few days to week to heal and then it will start growing again like crazy.

Can you by chance ID this pretty sure it's some type of button the stems are kinda ugly thick look like elephant trunks and heads are like a brown they glow a dark green only a few of the heads open lady gave them to me for free there's also pink ones like mixed with them only see the neon pink with moonlights during the day they just look all white
image.jpg

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 65 46.1%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 47 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back