Polyp Lab Medic?

Carl Cardarelli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone have success with this if so is there a certain way to dose tank, In 16 th day and ick population is growing any suggestions. Thanks

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Polyp Lab Medic appears to contain a peroxide salt. All peroxides are going to behave in a similar fashion. I've been doing a little experimentation with hydrogen peroxide and I found that dosing a tank does not harm fish and most invertebrates, but it does kill algae and bacteria (as evidenced by an ammonia spike seen after about 5 days).
I've not used this product myself, but reports are mixed. I worry that in order to make it reef safe, they lowered the dosage to the point where it is almost ich safe as well. I wouldn't rely on it to control a moderate to heavy case of ich.

Jay

rockdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't mean to high jack this but what would a good in tank med be ? I don't have an issue but for days now have been wondering this for when or if I have an issue.

Phil D.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a bit of an outbreak some months ago and dosed the Polyp labs Medic, worked like a charm!! Didn't affect any of my corals or inverts. I went a little longer at 20 days and it cleared everything up.

ReefHunter07

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a bit of an outbreak some months ago and dosed the Polyp labs Medic, worked like a charm!! Didn't affect any of my corals or inverts. I went a little longer at 20 days and it cleared everything up.
So my 21 days will be over this coming Friday, the hippo tang is still showing about 4-8 spots small, which I will say is much better than the 30-40 she had last week. All other fish are okay, the flame angel just has a couple on the back fin but they go away after about a hour of the tank being on. Should I continue after the 21 days if signs of ich are still showing ? Or take a couple days break and start back. Doing a wide variety of foods soaked in selcon and Kent’s garlic and have vita chem on the way

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't mean to high jack this but what would a good in tank med be ?
There really aren't good reef safe options for ich. If you QT, there are a few methods that are proven: copper, TTM, hyposalinity.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back