Polyurethane Tubing Reef safe?

Lemons

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 25, 2021
Messages
548
Reaction score
467
Location
Edmonton
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! I was trying to find some vynl or polyethylene 7/64 ID tubing for my Kamoer X1 pump... but the only stuff i could find that would fit is a micro fuel line... and its Polyurethane. I tried looking up some kind of SDS for this material and all I get is "micro fuel line is manufactured with polyurethane, with no plasticizers that can cause flow contamination or tube hardening."

so i was wondering if anyone has any experience with this material.

P.S gonna use it to dose some Kalk

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ca...inch-outside-diameter-x-10-ft-coil/1001002506
http://media.wattswater.com/ES-PolyMicroFuel.pdf
^for reference
 
Good question. I've always used the tubing supplied with my dosers.
Normally i would too, however I cant find the oddly sized tube in my mess of airlines lol so maybe I’ll just crimp down a regular airline… but not very comfortable considering the ID difference is kinda large
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new