whoalee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1405020347.716264.jpg

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1405020472.871855.jpg

Hello all. This is my first post so I hope the pictures come out. They aren't great I know but if you can make it out the pink crab is obviously the Pom Pom crab. The bright white legs sticking out from under it are my newest porcelain crab. I have had 3 other porcelains go missing in the last 2 months ( none as big as this one). Not one has lasted more than a month. All of my other inhabitants do fine including inverts and corals. I haven't seen my Pom Pom crab in about a month which I know is not uncommon but this morning I found him on top on my new porcelain. Because of where he is in the rock I had decided he died either naturally or the Pom Pom crab killed him. I left them and when I returned from work the Pom Pom was gone and the porcelain was on a different rock seemingly fine... Just looking for thoughts or experiences. I love the inverts but at $10-20 each for porcelains I want to figure out if the Pom Pom is actually the culprit or if it's something else in the tank. Thanks.

G_Sanab922

Keys Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how mature is your tank? If it's a new tank, are you feeding your porcelains? .I have a porcelain and he's doing good so far. Tends to hide a lot but is cool looking when he comes out.
Pom Pom could be but I'm not sure..

Btw 10-20 for a porcelain is pricey! I paid $7 for mine

Gabriel

OP
OP
W

whoalee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah well I now know that the Pom Pom crab I have is a killer. Not completely sure how he did it but again I found him on top of my porcelain crab out in the open then a few minutes later he carried the dead crab to his lair and had a nice breakfast. My question is how could he kill the crab. They have symbiotic relationships with anemones and I don't see any other way of the Pom Pom crab to kill anything other than his Pom Poms? Just looking for opinions. Thanks.

Sir Chris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I have two haired pom-poms and I just picked up a porcelain crab tonight. As I was adding him to my nano which has for bubble tips in it that I figured would be a nice little home for him I quickly realized I have pom-poms in there so I then said well the emeralds are not doing their job in the 20 so it Went in. I tried 2 place him on my sebea but he was a frantic 1. So he’s making his home soon and has 2 clowns hosted but it’s 16 inches so no missing space. So I’d like 2 ask the fight between a Emerald and a pom-pom. Cause if he settles on the nem I’ll snag him and move him 2 the nano as the Poms are easy 2 find in the small tank and y I left em in it. But I’d rather it take 2 the BTA tank with non hosted nems.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back