Pom Pom macro

reefrookie379

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, does anyone know why my Pom Pom is doing this ? Not enough nutrients? Not enough flow ? I have an AI Fuge light set quite high for 10 hours once my tank light goes out ..

3D2F5C59-D616-4877-B350-7A559978B4B0.jpeg DD81205D-5BBA-42D3-B017-CB9ADE0C1FB3.jpeg

Amelanchier

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the tan stuff actually the macroalgae? When I zoomed in it looked like it was some sort of mix of microalgae, hydroids, maybe bryozoans, and sediment. All sorts of things (more than what I listed above) can grow on macroalgae. I’ve got a white colonial thing growing on my botryocladia that I’m working on IDing and I see my Cerith snails cleaning off my Pom Pom macro all the time.

You could try moving your Pom Pom to a higher flow area or breaking up the clump so there wouldn’t be low flow areas in the middle to see if that makes it an inhospitable environment for whatever makes up the tan stuff but I’d probably just let it be unless it got to the point where I was getting no growth at all.

If your algae itself is actually turning white then I would consider whether Chaetogro or more nitrate/phosphate or less light would be needed.

Duncan62

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the tan stuff actually the macroalgae? When I zoomed in it looked like it was some sort of mix of microalgae, hydroids, maybe bryozoans, and sediment. All sorts of things (more than what I listed above) can grow on macroalgae. I’ve got a white colonial thing growing on my botryocladia that I’m working on IDing and I see my Cerith snails cleaning off my Pom Pom macro all the time.

You could try moving your Pom Pom to a higher flow area or breaking up the clump so there wouldn’t be low flow areas in the middle to see if that makes it an inhospitable environment for whatever makes up the tan stuff but I’d probably just let it be unless it got to the point where I was getting no growth at all.

If your algae itself is actually turning white then I would consider whether Chaetogro or more nitrate/phosphate or less light would be needed.
Agree. More flow less light.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back