POM POM

Randy

Zoa Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I would show my pom pom crab cheering on my zoas to grow.

pic was taken with flash only no lights on.

acrosSept2006136.jpg

OP
OP
R

Randy

Zoa Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are live anemones.He attaches them to his claws and waves them around at night to catch food.The anemones get to eat a little also.I have had this one for about a year now.He is really cool to watch he looks like a cheerleader when he waves the anemones around.

OP
OP
R

Randy

Zoa Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few pics that I took awile back that showes his front side I will see if I can find them.

OP
OP
R

Randy

Zoa Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cool picture glad to see they eat bristle worm I have only seen mine eat Brine shrimp.

What is cool about them is that when the molt they get rid of there anemones and find them when they are done.They are reef safe and don't hurt any corals.

spayne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pom poms are good reef residents, at least so far. But as we all know, the perfect tenant can go bad at the drop of a hat! I've never had them bother my zoas, else they wouldn't be allowed in my tank! The one complaint I have about them is they tend to hide a lot. They'll come out when I feed the tank, which is neat in itself as they wave their "pom poms" like they're cheering at a football game. Plus they remind me of "Stewie" off of "Family Guy". :D

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 70 44.6%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 73 46.5%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 8.9%
Back