Poor Cookie!:(

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Poor Cookie! He’s still alive although probably not for long. I’ve had him for a year and a half. He’s actually eating right now but all his spikes fell off. I noticed one and then I literally rubbed the rest off when I picked him up. He’s still hard and rigid. I’ve noticed he’s less active lately and I would still call the year and a half I had him a success. But he’s most definitely going to die and fall apart soon. Makes me sad. I loved him for the time I had him. I do know their lives are not long lived even in the wild so who knows how old he was when I got him they seem to average 3-5 years and no more than 5 in the wild and captivity.
IMG_3084.jpeg

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Unfortunately dying is a fact of life. But him making it to a year and a half is a success to me because I thought he wouldn’t even last a month. I want another one now and hopefully I can find one. I love starfish so much so it makes me really sad. But his memory and photos will live on.

PeterEde

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately dying is a fact of life. But him making it to a year and a half is a success to me because I thought he wouldn’t even last a month. I want another one now and hopefully I can find one. I love starfish so much so it makes me really sad. But his memory and photos will live on.
we pay a lot of money for the likes of coral banded, redline cleaners and other inverts that have relative short lives.

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
we pay a lot of money for the likes of coral banded, redline cleaners and other inverts that have relative short lives.
True! My little buddy was $50 USD which is really cheap from my research and considering how rare they are.

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I am so sorry, you might remember me as @HankstankXXL750 as that is my personal account. I have been following you and cookie since as far back as I can remember. You have inspired me to try one, but I couldn’t find one like cookie anytime I got the itch.

I hope you will seek a replacement when the time is right. I hate losing any of our babies, but the special ones really hurt.

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am so sorry, you might remember me as @HankstankXXL750 as that is my personal account. I have been following you and cookie since as far back as I can remember. You have inspired me to try one, but I couldn’t find one like cookie anytime I got the itch.

I hope you will seek a replacement when the time is right. I hate losing any of our babies, but the special ones really hurt.
Thank you 100%!

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
May he rest in peace! He had a good life. I am trying to dry him out and preserve him because it’s better to me than flushing him! He was such a resilient and good star for the time I had him. He survived a tank crash a year ago, ATO malfunctions, power outages, and many more of my mistakes.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back