• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Poor packaging from "sternicus" (4x Ocean Revive T247B)

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

curt2199

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Regarding: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/4x-ocean-revive-t247b.590899/
Just an FYI. I purchased/paid for these LEDs on 4/27. After several messages they finally actually shipped out Friday 5/3 almost a week after payment.

They were “packed” if you want to call it that in a little newspaper and stacked on each other with about 3-4” of gap left so they banged and slid around in the box. Every single LED fixture is dented and scratched from the threaded hanger mounts banging into the led above it. The seller’s response was that this was how they were shipped originally and the packing was perfectly fine which is not accurate as I have bought other T247s and never once had an issue with packing. This is my first experience on R2R with such a poor seller and packing job.

I’m not going to bother with PayPal return/refund hassles since thankfully these fixtures are well built and still function. I did buy these over the cheap Mars Aquas for the slimmer profile and nicer look which has definitely been flawed now (on a “3 month old” light) so I felt the need to share my experience and I don’t recommend anyone purchasing from this seller in the future.

97B92C50-FBB3-4330-AF3C-7FE1F23FB660.jpeg

08625B70-57F8-423D-AD3E-DE878A76022E.jpeg

C7EFCD7B-7910-4096-B28C-BF45673C101A.jpeg

5B6FD76F-BB10-4233-BB3C-B8047A3DAC1E.jpeg

15D367F8-A93A-4923-9E35-BEACF2254029.jpeg

sternicus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an FYI since I apparently don’t have enough posts on R2R to post in the feedback area. I purchased/paid for these LEDs on 4/27. After several messages they finally actually shipped out Friday 5/3 almost a week after payment.

They were “packed” if you want to call it that in a little newspaper and stacked on each other with about 3-4” of gap left so they banged and slid around in the box. Every single LED fixture is dented and scratched from the threaded hanger mounts banging into the led above it. The seller’s response was that this was how they were shipped originally and the packing was perfectly fine which is not accurate as I have bought other T247s and never once had an issue with packing. This is my first experience on R2R with such a poor seller and packing job.

I’m not going to bother with PayPal return/refund hassles since thankfully these fixtures are well built and still function. I did buy these over the cheap Mars Aquas for the slimmer profile and nicer look which has definitely been flawed now (on a “3 month old” light) so I felt the need to share my experience and I don’t recommend anyone purchasing from this seller in the future.

97B92C50-FBB3-4330-AF3C-7FE1F23FB660.jpeg

08625B70-57F8-423D-AD3E-DE878A76022E.jpeg

C7EFCD7B-7910-4096-B28C-BF45673C101A.jpeg

5B6FD76F-BB10-4233-BB3C-B8047A3DAC1E.jpeg

15D367F8-A93A-4923-9E35-BEACF2254029.jpeg

I have over 60+ position interactions on this site. Anyone who believe this slander from a user with 6 likes total is a fool. This BS and slander shouldn’t be tolerated. Lights were used and priced accordingly. Sorry you weren’t satisfied and felt the need to harass with messages. Mods please close this for me.

OP
OP
C

curt2199

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lights were apparently 3 months old and the photos don’t lie on the condition. What do you think I took them out of the box and slammed them against each other to “slander” you and then NOT file a PayPal dispute? Lol, pathetic... I am a regular buyer and seller on RC and EBay with a 100% feedback I would be happy to share photos and communications with moderators. This was by far the worst packing job I’ve seen in my 15 years on eBay and 10 years in this hobby. I’m not even asking for money back! I would have appreciated simply and apology and reason as to why it took almost a week to ship followed by a hasty packing job! Really sad to see such carelessness amongst fellow hobbyists.

OP
OP
C

curt2199

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry you feel that your post/interaction count warrants a break on your part, I feel that any potential future buyers should be forewarned.

sternicus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry you feel that your post/interaction count warrants a break on your part, I feel that any potential future buyers should be forewarned.

You’re the one that created a post. They were shipped how they were shipped, and they are in USED condition. I have tons of positive interactions!

I’m sorry you feel the way you feel, either way what’s done is done.

Have a good time reefing!

OP
OP
C

curt2199

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like I said, just sharing my experience, you were the one who commented in an attempt to pass me off as some newb trying to slander you just because I don’t live on R2R. Lesson learned and another name to add to my “don’t buy from” list.

You’re the one that created a post. They were shipped how they were shipped, and they are in USED condition. I have tons of positive interactions!

I’m sorry you feel the way you feel, either way what’s done is done.

Have a good time reefing!

sternicus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like I said, just sharing my experience, you were the one who commented in an attempt to pass me off as some newb trying to slander you just because I don’t live on R2R. Lesson learned and another name to add to my “don’t but from” list.

Perfect. Like I said,

How you feel is how you feel. I couldn’t agree more.

sternicus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like I said, just sharing my experience, you were the one who commented in an attempt to pass me off as some newb trying to slander you just because I don’t live on R2R. Lesson learned and another name to add to my “don’t but from” list.

Happy reefing!

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back