Pop Quiz

AllSignsPointToFish

"No Longer The Guy Without FaceBook"
View Badges
Joined
Oct 1, 2015
Messages
5,851
Reaction score
9,613
Location
Gulf Breeze, Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For you SPS experts... especially you, @C. Eymann...opinions on acropora species?
Acropora 1:
IMG_20200106_200149.jpg

Acropora 2:
IMG_20200106_200153.jpg

Acropora 3:
IMG_20200106_200212.jpg

Acropora 4:
IMG_20200106_200201.jpg


Millepora?
IMG_20200106_202418.jpg
 
Expert? nahh, I just like sticks.

Id'ing little nubs is very difficult, I encourage other opinions because without seeing developed colonies, its anyones guess really.



1. Maybe verweyi ? austera?

2. tortuosa ? vaughnai ? navini?

3. loisettae /surf and turf

4. secale?

5. agree, could be milliepora?
 
Thanks for taking a shot at it. Given that I paid a net of $8 for the frags, I'm pleasantly surprised to hear that they could be different species! I figured you'd tell me they were all the same except for the millepora.

The one colony kind of looks like an ORA ice tort to me, but I'm definitely not an expert. Heck, acros didn't even start growing well in my system until the last six months. Lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new