Porcupine Puffer Compatible?

PacsAdmin77

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 21, 2018
Messages
227
Reaction score
54
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

In my 200 gallon tank, I currently have an established 5” subadult queen angelfish and a 6” mappa puffer. My question is, would a porcupine puffer be OK to add? The queen angel is kind of a jerk and the mappa puffer has shown aggression to another Arothron puffer in the past. If I can add a porcupine puffer, what size should I get?
 
I would say no. In my personal opinion you should only have one puffer in a tank. At the public aquarium I do work at, you never mix puffers
 
I have a porcupine puffer with a dog face puffer and they get along without any issues but they are also in a 720 gallon tank. They have been housed together for over 2 years. I keep them separated when feeding as they have accidentally bit each other a few times going for food. In a 200 gallon tank there might be more issues with aggression with a new introduction as it is a much smaller environment for the fish to have sufficient space to avoid each other. If you were going to try it the porcupine would have to be of equal or greater size but I would say this might be a risky add that might not work out.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new