Is this concerning?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jbeasley
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jbeasley

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 18, 2025
Messages
40
Reaction score
14
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just added this porcupine puffer to my Fowlr after it was QT’ed by my LFS for a month. I have a large tang, angel, and trigger which are pretty territorial. In the vid you can the tail is frailing, I wouldn’t put it past one of this fish nipping him but just wanted everyone’s take. The puffer also has a lymph cite on one of the front fins
 
I just added this porcupine puffer to my Fowlr after it was QT’ed by my LFS for a month. I have a large tang, angel, and trigger which are pretty territorial. In the vid you can the tail is frailing, I wouldn’t put it past one of this fish nipping him but just wanted everyone’s take. The puffer also has a lymph cite on one of the front fins
Someone in this tank is nipping at the tail and can be the tang or angel. You will need to find out which one. You may need a tank divider or separate tank to allow the puffer to get its tail healed
 
I just added this porcupine puffer to my Fowlr after it was QT’ed by my LFS for a month. I have a large tang, angel, and trigger which are pretty territorial. In the vid you can the tail is frailing, I wouldn’t put it past one of this fish nipping him but just wanted everyone’s take. The puffer also has a lymph cite on one of the front fins

I agree - something is attacking this fish (or you damaged its tail moving it to the new tank?). If it doesn't get infected, just isolating the fish with a tank divider is best.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new