Porcupine Puffer - Flow?

attilak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I recently purchased a blue porcupine puffer and currently it's in my QT. I am not treating with anything as I just had bad experience medicating puffers in the past. It is only there to make sure it's eating and no outbreak of ich, etc. Most likely I will be moving him into my DT within the next 2 weeks.

My question/concern is the flow in my DT. I know puffers are not the best swimmers, and the flow in my tank is fairly high as I have tangs, angels. This puffer is about 4" - so a little guy. Anyone kept porcupine puffers with other fish requiring higher flow? I do have a valentini puffer in the tank and seems to be just fine... I know that the porcupine is in a complete different family though.

Thanks!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Moderate water flow

whytekeylifter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I recently purchased a blue porcupine puffer and currently it's in my QT. I am not treating with anything as I just had bad experience medicating puffers in the past. It is only there to make sure it's eating and no outbreak of ich, etc. Most likely I will be moving him into my DT within the next 2 weeks.

My question/concern is the flow in my DT. I know puffers are not the best swimmers, and the flow in my tank is fairly high as I have tangs, angels. This puffer is about 4" - so a little guy. Anyone kept porcupine puffers with other fish requiring higher flow? I do have a valentini puffer in the tank and seems to be just fine... I know that the porcupine is in a complete different family though.

Thanks!
Where do you have your pumps aimed? I sometimes turn my pumps on full blast, and my porcupine puffer will go into the stream when he wants and then gets out when he doesn't want to swim hard anymore, seems to have no issues. Normally I leave it moderate flow though. I also only have a large clownfish and a few cleaner shrimp in the tank, I had an engineer goby but the puffer seem to think that was a chew toy so now he is dead

Attachments

• Snapchat-1253390187.jpg
    Snapchat-1253390187.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 51

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 146 60.6%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 66 27.4%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 85 35.3%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.8%
  • Other

Votes: 66 27.4%

Back