Possible damaged foot on H. Magnifica

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,591
Reaction score
11,605
What state or country do you live in
West Virginia
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yesterday I purchased a Magnifica anemone from Petco that was definitely bleached, and the tentacles were pretty shrunken, but the mouth was closed, and the foot was attached to the glass. My biggest concern with buying it was that they would damage the foot when removing it. It seemed to do well once in my QT. It perked up some, and its mouth was slightly open but nothing dramatic. However, it wouldn't attach its foot to the floor of the tank, so after a couple of hours, I put it in a cup to allow it to stick its foot. I treated the QT last night with Cipro because it was inflating/deflating at Petco. This morning I checked on it before heading to work, and its foot is still not attached. If its foot has been damaged, will it recover from that?
H. mag bag.jpg

H. mag tank.jpg
 
Yes, they can recover from a torn foot, as long an infection doesn't take hold.

Just as a heads up, I recently bought a green BTA with purple tips and a red base at my local Petco. Hoping for your sake this isn't a mislabeled BTA.
 
Yes, they can recover from a torn foot, as long an infection doesn't take hold.

Just as a heads up, I recently bought a green BTA with purple tips and a red base at my local Petco. Hoping for your sake this isn't a mislabeled BTA.
I actually thought that when I got it home that it wasn't look exactly like a mag to me. We will have to see if it heals up what it looks like.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new