Possible Deal on Sand for tank need HELP

EHaddad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found on Amazon
Carib Sea Arag-Alive 20-Pound Fiji Pink Sand 20 lbs bag

I ordered one bag just to check to see if it is right but they are selling it for 21.99 free shipping and didn't charge me tax. I am wanting to do a 2" sand bed on my Reefer 750. Is this a good sand? I saw that it was the "Top Seller" and "Recommended" on BRS. I want to give BRS as much business as I can and buy it from them, since they have helped me on so many things on my build but buying it this cheap will save me around $100.

WickedCZ4A

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it is good sand. I used it in all my past tanks.
It's one of the most popular live sands available.

RMS18

I keep water chemistry as my hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used that sand before and it's great sand. I would do the same if in your position, it's your money to be spent where you wish. Good deal found.

Zohar78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have it.. like it lots. but its also maybe on the size "fine" side and can blow around relatively easily. i would consider next size up or two.. maybe even going maximum recommended size for sand sifting fish just to lessen blowing away issues.
personally im leaning towards bare bottom on my big tank.

OP
OP
EHaddad

EHaddad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the sand came in it is the right stuff. The Seller on Amazon did not sub me anything or send me a cheaper version. So if anyone is starting a build and looking for a good deal on sand that can same them a pretty penny especially if they are building a larger tank I will post the link to the sand.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00025YVGC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It is currently out of stock you can thank me for that. You can buy it Prime when it is back in stock but if you wait and buy it from "Shopabetterway, June & Steve" they do not charge taxes either.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 142 43.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 117 35.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back