Possible Dino or Cyano?

rja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,
I’m having trouble ID’ing this brown/reddish “hair” and slime. Any help would + course of action be greatly appreciated. Part of it came as a hitchhiker on that branch rock, that “hair”. The other slime stuff just showed up. I do believe its probably dinos because I lost a snail as well as the outbreak occurred after doing a water change that could have dropped my no3 and po4 to zero. I since have added another fish and I really haven’t seen any of this spread much. I am going to test no3 later today and see where it’s at.

Removing that first rock is also an option.

I do run my tank “hot” at 80.5 degrees and I plan to start doing MB7 daily once I get my jug in the mail. So I am trying to do some recommended steps to get rid of this crap.

2D16A0F1-E962-452C-98EA-73136D528138.jpeg
479E88AB-EBEB-4BDC-910B-AA64024EDD62.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
rja

rja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update, I removed the rock… I really liked that piece but it also had some aiptasia on it. I wanted to remove it all along because my scape was just too high. Now I feel like I can fit more coral. BUT, I still have the issues at hand. Certainly this didn’t fix the possible dinos. As for issues with removing tons of BB, will I be okay? Don’t want to throw off the balance. That was a pretty big piece of rock.. I think I will just use it for a 1x1’ cube pico reef eventually.

NO3 was 5-10 this morning (salifert) but I dont have a phos test.
image.jpg

Last edited:

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 88 80.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back