Possible ich?

Phowingt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So about 2 hours ago I fed my clownfish and he was normal and then an hour ago I was looking at him and noticed this white spot right under his mouth and at first I thought he was scratching against the glass and his clay pot but looked closer and it looked more like he was eating pods off of the glass.
A3CC6B61-F4E7-4050-806C-73C63E41FA55.jpeg

Looked again a second ago and the spot was gone but I still wanted to post to see if anyone had any input as to what it was. Sorry if this is a stupid question but I lost my other clown to intestinal parasites because I didn’t catch it in time so now I want to make sure.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they’re spawning in the clay pot, could it have been a sand grain from him cleaning house?

OP
OP
Phowingt

Phowingt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they’re spawning in the clay pot, could it have been a sand grain from him cleaning house?
He is the only fish in the tank now because the other one died but he does act like he is cleaning the inside sometimes so I guess that could be it.

detran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, the other died long time ago? Do you know if he died of some disease? If the other one died due to itch or other parasitic disease it's possible this one is also infected. Best of luck.

Ed

OP
OP
Phowingt

Phowingt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, the other died long time ago? Do you know if he died of some disease? If the other one died due to itch or other parasitic disease it's possible this one is also infected. Best of luck.

Ed
The other one died a few days ago from an internal parasite I believe because 2 days before he died his poop was stringy and he wouldn’t eat then he started laying on his side and died. This one doesn’t appear to have any internal parasites because he is eating good and his poop isn’t stringy

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If its ich, the spot will fall off in 3 days into the substrate. So if its gone tomorrow it want ich. Also you should always QT just to ensure they are parasite and disease free before adding to your display.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back