possible limpet

  • Thread starter Thread starter Keith_0011
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Keith_0011

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 19, 2015
Messages
118
Reaction score
59
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found these guys on a second bayer dip on a few acans that I got at RAP orlando. I feel like they look like limpets to me. Any other thoughts? Cause for alarm?
pest.jpg
pest2.jpg
 
I think those are actually Serolids... Sand skaters. They're isopods.
 
Last edited:
The pattern and shape doesn't alter much and the dots are pretty much in the same spot. I'll go grab some pics....
 
They're good critters.
 
Hmm I will have to remember that. Those guys are more oval than other seroliods I've seen in books.
 
Yes, I know exactly what you mean. Even if you search Serolid online, the most popular look will be one that has a more tear shape or bulbous shape. These are very specific. They even look like a limpet/chiton when you flip them over.... but the little legs are all tucked in.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new