Possible Parasite??

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just got these mocha vinic clowns last week. They seemed to be doing well, and eating. On eats and spits out the pellets or just eats the tiny stray mysis legs that float around after the others demolish the mysis. So little to no nutritional value. However, today I actually REALLY watched them eat. I noticed that one of the two has a head that is larger than its body and I can see his spine on the white parts of his body.

Then later on in the day i saw some stringy poo. It is not white, but I wanted to make sure you all had any comments before I used the wrong treatment. Or should I just wait it out a few more days...?

here is a photo of the poo.... to the left of the seashell.

1590799913555.png

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Poo is normal. Stringy normal as long as not white " They are what they eat". Change up diet and add garlic extract and Selcon vitamins to foods. Some to feed are:
Formula 1 flake
New life spectrum foods
Frozen spirulina Brine shrimp
LRS Fish formula
Sm plankton

Bo.

Impatient as always
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Poo is normal. Stringy normal as long as not white " They are what they eat". Change up diet and add garlic extract and Selcon vitamins to foods. Some to feed are:
Formula 1 flake
New life spectrum foods
LRS Fish formula
Sm plankton

Has garlic ever been proven do do anything beneficial? My fish have always snubbed it.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Has garlic ever been proven do do anything beneficial? My fish have always snubbed it.
Boosts immune system in fish

OP
OP
alimac122

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Formula 1 flake
New life spectrum foods
LRS Fish formula
Sm plankton

thank you!!
I’ll get foods tomorrow:)

OP
OP
alimac122

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that's what has been said, but has it ever been proven? Not being argumentative, genuinely interested in a scientific article on it.
At the aquarium we used garlic because it boosts appetite and can mask the flavor of meds. Idk about boosting immune system.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
At the aquarium we used garlic because it boosts appetite and can mask the flavor of meds. Idk about boosting immune system.
As noted on seachem garlic guard fact sheet: the GarlicGuard is not only a flavor enhancer, but Garlic itself is known for its antibacterial and anti-parasitic properties. This is true in humans as well. We use a very potent garlic extract that also contains vitamin C. Fish can not synthesize their own Vitamin C, so it is critical that they get it from the food that we feed them and/or their environment. It is extremely beneficial for the health of the fish.

Bo.

Impatient as always
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As noted on seachem garlic guard fact sheet: the GarlicGuard is not only a flavor enhancer, but Garlic itself is known for its antibacterial and anti-parasitic properties. This is true in humans as well. We use a very potent garlic extract that also contains vitamin C. Fish can not synthesize their own Vitamin C, so it is critical that they get it from the food that we feed them and/or their environment. It is extremely beneficial for the health of the fish.

Ugh... you got me researching on a Friday night. One study here:

Shows that raw unsalted garlic processed into paste has a significant amount of allicin retained compared to fried or boiled (exposure to air significantly oxidizes and reduces efficacy as well).

This combined with it's strong anti-microbial properties lends a lot of credence to your statement.... Raw unprocessed garlic ground to paste mixed with food seems worth a shot over commercial solutions where you don't know the integration process.

Sorry for the thread highjack Ali.

OP
OP
alimac122

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh... you got me researching on a Friday night. One study here:

Shows that raw unsalted garlic processed into paste has a significant amount of allicin retained compared to fried or boiled (exposure to air significantly oxidizes and reduces efficacy as well).

This combined with it's strong anti-microbial properties lends a lot of credence to your statement.... Raw unprocessed garlic ground to paste mixed with food seems worth a shot over commercial solutions where you don't know the integration process.

Sorry for the thread highjack Ali.

boy you’re silly! I’m a scientist. Hijack away!
ive got some papers to read on light spectrum tonight too from another thread :)

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
little late,going good,pulling for your clown!!

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
cannot say it will help,1 minute fw dip?? :(

Back