Possible pests on hammers

cruzing240

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 16, 2026
Messages
29
Reaction score
27
Location
New Lenox
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. I just notice in two of my hammers some odd looking marks/creatures. The one in the foreground is what caught my eye. What are the small ovals on the stem? While I was looking at that one, I noticed on the stem behind it, a couple of spiral cone shells growing on it. Are these things something to worry about? Also, the one in the foreground has been in the tank for about 2 months. The one behind it about 8 months.
20260828_134327_D0B66C35-994C-4A3D-89F5-8289FA320593.png
 
1. Snail eggs.
2. Big undesirable Vermitid. You're going to have to manually remove it. Pliers and superglue.
Thank you. Any concern around the snail eggs?
 
Nerite eggs. Not a concern.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new