Possible Spaghetti worm?

Seafoamie

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 30, 2023
Messages
10
Reaction score
4
Location
Denville
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! This isn’t exactly new I saw the hair like feelers a while ago but now for some reason it has really moved around the tank a lot. I’m pretty positive it’s a Spaghetti worm but I want any other opinions as I’m not too versed in hitchhikers. Thank you in advance!
IMG_1554.jpeg
IMG_1561.jpeg
 
I always struggle to tell where all the tentacles are coming from in pics with these guys:
Looks like either a hair worm (Cirratulidae) or a spaghetti worm (Terebellide) to me - if the tentacles all come out from a single point, it’s a spaghetti worm; if they come out from basically all over the body it’s a hair worm.
 
I always struggle to tell where all the tentacles are coming from in pics with these guys:
Thank you so much with some more research it’s definitely a hair worm. That would be spot on, I was definitely concerned at first but they seem harmless just rather unsightly lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new