OP
OP
M

mjreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE: Tested copper a while ago and read 0.49 at Hanna checker, will re-check again after 3-5 hours, then check again tomorrow. Meanwhile, I gave a piece of nori and looks like the PBT is eating. All fish don't eat much except the Scribbled who eats like a pig. Hopefully everyone goes through the whole process. I've also observed a little aggression from the Purple Tang, nothing major, but might be concerning. Any idea what to do @4FordFamily ? Or should I just let it go and continue to observe?

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE: Tested copper a while ago and read 0.49 at Hanna checker, will re-check again after 3-5 hours, then check again tomorrow. Meanwhile, I gave a piece of nori and looks like the PBT is eating. All fish don't eat much except the Scribbled who eats like a pig. Hopefully everyone goes through the whole process. I've also observed a little aggression from the Purple Tang, nothing major, but might be concerning. Any idea what to do @4FordFamily ? Or should I just let it go and continue to observe?
Tangs bicker a bit, if no damage is occurring I would not lose much sleep, honestly.

OP
OP
M

mjreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE: So far, so good for everyone.

Went on vacation for 5 days with my dad taking care of the quarantine tank. I asked him to do a 10-gallon water change 3 days after my last one, instead of a 5-gallon water change every other day. Looks like a 10-gallon water change after every 3 days works well. Just did another 10-gallon water change a while ago, let me see if I could extend it to 4 days.

OP
OP
M

mjreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a video of them today

At first I thought I’d replace the PBT with an Achilles, but I was sure glad he survived the onslaught.

OP
OP
M

mjreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I checked the Annularis today and this is what I saw: Huge white spots. Here’s a video:

Any idea what this is @4FordFamily ?

Last edited:

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I checked the Annularis today and this is what I saw: Huge white spots. Here’s a video:

Any idea what this is @4FordFamily ?

That looks like an infection to me, do you have NFG?

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly no, I just treated using Furan-2 and Kanaplex a week ago

Do you have Sulfaplex or Triple Sulfa? Acriflavine (Ruby reef rally or API fungus cure)?

OP
OP
M

mjreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I do apologize for not updating this thread, was very busy. Just an update:

Lost the Scribbled angel, Multicolor angel since my new pup unplugged the air pump and wavemaker (they're all connected to one socket). Was able to rescue the Annularis angel and Mustard tang (they were both lying on the ground gasping heavily), others were still fine. Sucks big time. Good news is, the (suspected) infection of the Annularis just went away by itself. And copper has been maintained for 1 month and 1 week and I'm currently in the process of lowering copper levels. If the power incident did not happen, I am very positive that all fish would be able to make it back to the DT. I guess this experience was also a blessing in disguise since we're able to totally overhaul the rockwork in the DT and clean the DT in the process. Will wait 2 more months before transferring all the fish.

Question now I have in mind is stocking since we were able to overhaul the rockscape and create much needed swimming space. What I currently have in my QT are the following:
1 4-5" Annularis Angelfish
1 4-5" Magnificent Foxface
1 4" Purple Tang
1 4" Blue Tang
1 4" Mustard Tang
1 4" Powder Blue Tang
1 3.5-4" HYT

I'd like to introduce a Desjardini tang and a Kole tang, but I'm worried about the Desjardini. Since my Scribbled perished, this gives me an opportunity to buy 2 Scribbled Angelfish at once and pair them in the QT. So the Scribbled's a done deal. I'm also looking forward to add a Chrysurus (or maybe French?) Angelfish and a Passer Angelfish as my last fish. What are your thoughts? @4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I do apologize for not updating this thread, was very busy. Just an update:

Lost the Scribbled angel, Multicolor angel since my new pup unplugged the air pump and wavemaker (they're all connected to one socket). Was able to rescue the Annularis angel and Mustard tang (they were both lying on the ground gasping heavily), others were still fine. Sucks big time. Good news is, the (suspected) infection of the Annularis just went away by itself. And copper has been maintained for 1 month and 1 week and I'm currently in the process of lowering copper levels. If the power incident did not happen, I am very positive that all fish would be able to make it back to the DT. I guess this experience was also a blessing in disguise since we're able to totally overhaul the rockwork in the DT and clean the DT in the process. Will wait 2 more months before transferring all the fish.

Question now I have in mind is stocking since we were able to overhaul the rockscape and create much needed swimming space. What I currently have in my QT are the following:
1 4-5" Annularis Angelfish
1 4-5" Magnificent Foxface
1 4" Purple Tang
1 4" Blue Tang
1 4" Mustard Tang
1 4" Powder Blue Tang
1 3.5-4" HYT

I'd like to introduce a Desjardini tang and a Kole tang, but I'm worried about the Desjardini. Since my Scribbled perished, this gives me an opportunity to buy 2 Scribbled Angelfish at once and pair them in the QT. So the Scribbled's a done deal. I'm also looking forward to add a Chrysurus (or maybe French?) Angelfish and a Passer Angelfish as my last fish. What are your thoughts? @4FordFamily
Now big is the tank?

You’ll want to ensure disease is all clear and everyone is back in their home before adding fish obviously.

Once met depending on size of tank that can be done but add tangs and angels in batches.

OP
OP
M

mjreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I'd make sure of that. It's an 8x2x2. Plan on doing it something like this:
1. Desjardini + Kole
2. Scribbled Pair
3. Chrysurus + Passer

I'll probably also introduce some dwarf angels in the different batches, like a Multicolor, Flame and Potter's maybe.

OP
OP
M

mjreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now big is the tank?

You’ll want to ensure disease is all clear and everyone is back in their home before adding fish obviously.

Once met depending on size of tank that can be done but add tangs and angels in batches.
Yes, I'd make sure of that. It's an 8x2x2. Plan on doing it something like this:
1. Desjardini + Kole
2. Scribbled Pair
3. Chrysurus + Passer

I'll probably also introduce some dwarf angels in the different batches, like a Multicolor, Flame and Potter's maybe.

@4FordFamily I forgot to quote your message. Apologies for tagging you again.

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back