Possible worm or hitchhiker.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Barks
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Barks

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 2, 2020
Messages
173
Reaction score
120
Location
Northampton England
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all.
move recently put a load of coral in and it’s all doing well at last. Had so many issues.
anyhow this particular acro seams to have something in the end that shouldn’t be there. It’s not a polyp or a filament and is the only end like it. What’s your opinion. Algae. Worm.
im in a mind to cut the end off.
cheers
Barks
DBD1B40E-8561-497C-9A4B-19D47CA8D9F6.png

2A8DB2AD-FB3F-4652-96B6-24ADF6A22CB2.png
 
Ok so you think it’s a polyp. It looks nothing like the rest and it’s always out. I thought something else had got in there. I’ll keep my eye on it for another week and if no change I’ll cut the end of the coral I think.
cheers
Barks
 
Is it not a spionid Worm? When you touch it does anything retract?
A240AAFC-CF1E-448E-8C73-DDD43B14A14B.jpeg
 
Ok so you think it’s a polyp. It looks nothing like the rest and it’s always out. I thought something else had got in there. I’ll keep my eye on it for another week and if no change I’ll cut the end of the coral I think.
cheers
Barks
No I don’t think it is a polyp, but appears to be coming out of a polyp and irritating or blocking it. I don’t disagree with removing the end, I’m wondering how far down into it this goes.
 
Ah. Ok. Yes I see. I’m thinking along the same lines.
no it dosent retract its just soft about like algae or a tube.
I think the end needs cutting off the coral in case it’s invasive.
Cheers
Barks
 
Ah. Ok. Yes I see. I’m thinking along the same lines.
no it dosent retract its just soft about like algae or a tube.
I think the end needs cutting off the coral in case it’s invasive.
Cheers
Barks
If it’s a spionid Worm. You can cut the tube then use superglue gel and glue the end of the tube.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new