• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Possibly FREE Clownfish AND Rainbow BTA

Item Price
$10
Selling Terms Of Service
  1. YES I have read the terms and agree to them
Shipping
NO shipping is NOT available

Klyle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So…this is breaking my heart to do so and it isn’t a definite yet, but im consolidating two reefs into one. I bought two juvenile clowns three years ago and about a year ago they decided they didn’t want to live together anymore. I purchased a brand new 40g tank so i wouldn’t have to part with one but have come to the realization that i don’t want that much responsibility. Plus I’m not rich so there’s that too. As of right now, I’m hoping to move the fish over to the new tank in the next two weeks. I am going to attempt to reintegrate the two clowns- probably starting with an acclimation box. I have a beautiful rainbow bta that divided a while back so I’m hoping that will help ease the transition between the two if they can each get one. To the point of this post- I want to do everything within my power to make sure “Spike” will go to a responsible and loving new owner. I doubt dropping her off at the LFS will guarantee this. Hence, the offer of her coming with the bta! It’s hers, she loves it and I won’t seperate the two. I live 30 mins SW of the MSP metro area. I work in MSP most every day so i could even possibly meet somewhere if arrangements are made. She has lived with her two other friends for close to three years without any other fish added so i can guarantee a healthy fish. She is fed a diet of tdo pellets, reef frenzy, and selcon added daily. She is a little aggressive when it comes to putting your hands in the tank and will bite, BUT if you move slow and get her permission first, it’s usually just a little “love tap” to let you know she’s watching! When you look at her pictures, her name will make sense. She has a deformed dorsal fin that looks like a shark- very fitting for her personality. Other than fast moving hands and similar sized clowns, she is very gentle and gets along with much more peaceful tank mates. If anyone is interested, please reply here or send me a pm. Please include a little about your tank and why you think you’re the right home for her. And because I’m not asking for money i expect a little effort to be put into convincing me I’m making the right decision. I hope by literally offering to give her and bta away for free, you can understand how serious i am about finding her a great home.
Edit: Apparently i can’t enter an item with a zero dollar amount so I’ll put $10…but she is FREE

5D8801FF-5D5B-4DEC-B8E9-8C116BABB7E3.jpeg
A6E04D36-712B-4A79-8AA8-5BE9D636E6A1.jpeg
005A6F15-3F37-4D04-8D9D-644B9356D557.jpeg

OP
OP
K

Klyle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Would you be willing to ship? I would be honored to take her!
I’m sorry but i can’t bring myself to do that! I would consider driving a couple hours but that’s about it. If i can’t work something out I’ll probably just have to set up a small frag tank. But i appreciate your interest!

Floridadogg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So…this is breaking my heart to do so and it isn’t a definite yet, but im consolidating two reefs into one. I bought two juvenile clowns three years ago and about a year ago they decided they didn’t want to live together anymore. I purchased a brand new 40g tank so i wouldn’t have to part with one but have come to the realization that i don’t want that much responsibility. Plus I’m not rich so there’s that too. As of right now, I’m hoping to move the fish over to the new tank in the next two weeks. I am going to attempt to reintegrate the two clowns- probably starting with an acclimation box. I have a beautiful rainbow bta that divided a while back so I’m hoping that will help ease the transition between the two if they can each get one. To the point of this post- I want to do everything within my power to make sure “Spike” will go to a responsible and loving new owner. I doubt dropping her off at the LFS will guarantee this. Hence, the offer of her coming with the bta! It’s hers, she loves it and I won’t seperate the two. I live 30 mins SW of the MSP metro area. I work in MSP most every day so i could even possibly meet somewhere if arrangements are made. She has lived with her two other friends for close to three years without any other fish added so i can guarantee a healthy fish. She is fed a diet of tdo pellets, reef frenzy, and selcon added daily. She is a little aggressive when it comes to putting your hands in the tank and will bite, BUT if you move slow and get her permission first, it’s usually just a little “love tap” to let you know she’s watching! When you look at her pictures, her name will make sense. She has a deformed dorsal fin that looks like a shark- very fitting for her personality. Other than fast moving hands and similar sized clowns, she is very gentle and gets along with much more peaceful tank mates. If anyone is interested, please reply here or send me a pm. Please include a little about your tank and why you think you’re the right home for her. And because I’m not asking for money i expect a little effort to be put into convincing me I’m making the right decision. I hope by literally offering to give her and bta away for free, you can understand how serious i am about finding her a great home.

Edit: Apparently i can’t enter an item with a zero dollar amount so I’ll put $10…but she is FREE
F

I

OP
OP
K

Klyle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If still available, i live in Rosemount and i am interested.
Yes. I haven’t made any decisions yet. Like i said in the post i am going to attempt to reintegrate the pair into the new tank- hopefully sometime next week. I have little faith it will actually work, at which point i will need a plan b! Can you tell me a little about your tank please? What fish do you currently have and how old the tank is? I just want to make sure she’s going somewhere safe! If everything works out that way and you have a good home for her i will gladly bring her to you or you could come get her. Also what type lighting because the bta needs strongish lights…thanks! You can pm or text me if you want. 6512144325 If i feel you have a suitable setup I’ll be glad to “reserve” her for you- pending a failed reunion with her buddy

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 82 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 13 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back