Possibly upgrading! Need advice and recommendations

lButterl

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 28, 2024
Messages
10
Reaction score
4
Location
Denton
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! It’s been about almost a year since I’ve gotten back into the hobby and my tank is doing well. With the holidays and discounts coming up I’ve had the reoccurring thought to upgrade my 25G IM Lagoon to the 47Tideline or 50.3 waterbox. My biggest things is price (whether I should hold off for a better deal than the BF discounts), whether it would fit on the stand (according to the dimensions listed it should fit snug) and the weight of the system (both on the stand and a little bit on my floors with me being on the second story). If I do upgrade what would be the best way to go about moving my livestock and everything over to the new system(Two clowns, a six line, and a damsel with a bunch of leathers and euphyllia) ? I’ll attach pictures of my current system and the stand specifications for any guidance.

IMG_4099.jpeg IMG_3844.jpeg
 
I will also say that I found a really cheap IM 50 Fusion Mini lagoon tank for like $250 on FB so that’s also on the board if anyone has any experience with the 50 series (it has a small chip in the front bottom but still holds water well and overall is in good condition)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new