Post Bleach Cure Rock Question

drosie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a couple hundred pounds of rock for an established tank system. I have bleached it and done all steps to "purify" it as it had been dried out. My question is can I add this directly to my established system? Should I separately cure it?

OP
OP
D

drosie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can, yes.
Awesome, had a minimalist scape in my 150 and wanted to fill it out and eventually move away from marinepure blocks in my sump. Have about 100lbs in my 92g and liked the look much more. Should I be concerned of any spike in parameters?

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMHO, you are basically adding dry rock to an established system. There is not going to be any Biome on the rock so it will be a free for all for nuisance algae and cyano. Your rock will still have to cycle for both bacteria and other goodies. I would put in a small amount in at a time and take the rest and put it in a tub with a powerhead and a bottle of starter and a cube of food in every now and then.

Gatorpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a couple hundred pounds of rock for an established tank system. I have bleached it and done all steps to "purify" it as it had been dried out. My question is can I add this directly to my established system? Should I separately cure it?
Just curious why did you bleach the live rock?

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 17 10.6%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 43 26.7%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 78 48.4%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 20 12.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back