Post Your TDS and Location

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fletcher NC right outside Asheville NC and I am getting 22 TDS right outta the tap

DanATL

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get 62 TDS out of my whole house Aquasana Rhino filter. That goes to my RODI. I get 1TDS after RO membrane going into DI canister with a consistent 0 TDS final product. This is Cobb County, Georgia (suburban Atlanta). I have no idea of the county source water TDS.

AstroMelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
280 TDS well water near Gainesville, FL
12 after RO
0 after DI until I exhausted the resin! That happened very quickly, probably due CO2 in well water.
Maybe look at sourcing a better RO filter - 12 ppm from your RO membrane is high and will deplete your DI resin quickly (as you noted). For me 5-6 is ok - I used to get 300-400 litres before the DI resin was depleted. I just bought a premium RO filter and now I am getting 3ppm (sometimes 2) output from the RO membrane. My DI resin should last maybe twice as long now (before the membrane change it was up to 7 but normally ran at 5-6). IMO a few pounds on an improved membrane filter that should last 6-9 months is worth it since changing the DI resin is a pita! For reference our tap is at 280-300, similar to yours.

bushdoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe look at sourcing a better RO filter - 12 ppm from your RO membrane is high and will deplete your DI resin quickly (as you noted). For me 5-6 is ok - I used to get 300-400 litres before the DI resin was depleted. I just bought a premium RO filter and now I am getting 3ppm (sometimes 2) output from the RO membrane. My DI resin should last maybe twice as long now (before the membrane change it was up to 7 but normally ran at 5-6). IMO a few pounds on an improved membrane filter that should last 6-9 months is worth it since changing the DI resin is a pita! For reference our tap is at 280-300, similar to yours.
Not really, his rejection rate is 95.7%, which is average. It is his water initial TDS so high which is problematic. For human consumption purposes you could go below 90% rejection rate, for reefing most likes it 92-95%.

OP
OP
T-J

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is also about 12 after the RO (source water is mid 500s). My DI resin lasts a crazy long time.

wdotero

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the feedback! For now my options are limited because I am using the RODI buddie system. In the future, I will definitely go with a better system that uses standard size cartridges.

Tangdora

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
South Jersey, Well water.

103-at tap
6 - after membrane
0 - after Di

Curious if there is suppose to be any reduction alone from the pre filter befor membrane, only getting a 1 point drop after passing through a 5 micron filter, gac and cto filter. Wondering if this ispring brand off Amazon is robbing me. Perhaps should switch to 1 micron ?

Attachments

• IMG_8392.jpeg
    IMG_8392.jpeg
    109.2 KB · Views: 20

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
South Jersey, Well water.

103-at tap
6 - after membrane
0 - after Di

Curious if there is suppose to be any reduction alone from the pre filter befor membrane, only getting a 1 point drop after passing through a 5 micron filter, gac and cto filter. Wondering if this ispring brand off Amazon is robbing me. Perhaps should switch to 1 micron ?
The sediment and carbon pre filters will not make any significant difference to the tds of the water before it goes through the membrane.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back