Post Your TDS and Location

  • Thread starter Thread starter T-J
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 11, 2019
Messages
3,502
Reaction score
3,988
Location
Phoenix
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious what TDS readings other people have on their tap and RO membrane.
Please post your city (or nearest city for privacy) and your TDS from your tap and after your RO membrane. Bonus for pics of your RODI system. I'll start:

I live in the Phoenix valley. City water. It's currently 586 out of the tap, 10 after RO membrane, 0 after DI.
IMG_6040.jpeg
IMG_6041.jpeg
IMG_6043.jpeg
 
I'm curious what TDS readings other people have on their tap and RO membrane.
Please post your city (or nearest city for privacy) and your TDS from your tap and after your RO membrane. Bonus for pics of your RODI system. I'll start:

I live in the Phoenix valley. City water. It's currently 586 out of the tap, 10 after RO membrane, 0 after DI.
IMG_6040.jpeg
IMG_6041.jpeg
IMG_6043.jpeg
Wow thats not even safe to drink is it? Im in Dayton , Oh and were at 300. We dont drink it, neither do our pets.
 
Last I checked 340 out the tap, 17 after membrane, 0 after di(if I keep up with it. Sometimes I'll let it get up to 30, and still use it, as icp says its just silicates)
Southwest Florida. City water, not well
 
140 at tap, 3 after membrane. I'm looking at a giant freshwater lake in Michigan in the U.S.. You could say it is "Great". ;)
 
I'm curious what TDS readings other people have on their tap and RO membrane.
Please post your city (or nearest city for privacy) and your TDS from your tap and after your RO membrane. Bonus for pics of your RODI system. I'll start:

I live in the Phoenix valley. City water. It's currently 586 out of the tap, 10 after RO membrane, 0 after DI.
IMG_6040.jpeg
IMG_6041.jpeg
IMG_6043.jpeg
65tds Charlottesville Va
 
Well water, 1100-1400 out of the ground, 90 after whole house RO unit. 2-4 after second RO using dedicated for my tank only, North port,FL.
We gave some of the nastiest waters around.
 
So what’s in it? It’s required to be published.

30-37ppm here out of tap. Thanks for reminding me to check filters again. Still 0 after DI and RO
IMG_2453.jpeg
I have no clue what's in their water...
37!! Wow, how often do you change your filters(particularly di resin)?
 
My sediment filter turns orange within a week, just topping off tank. Anybody know what that indicates?
 
I have no clue what's in their water...
37!! Wow, how often do you change your filters(particularly di resin)?
Short answer is I don’t. Last time I changed them was during covid. Got up to ppm post filter. Before that was 2010 when I moved in.
 
Short answer is I don’t. Last time I changed them was during covid. Got up to ppm post filter. Before that was 2010 when I moved in.
Is this a well or city water? Any whole home filtration involved?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new