posting pics?

gfox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could someone help me with posting pics on the site.I have tried a few times and i keep getting invalid file.i have my pics loaded at Photobucket. Thank you in advance.

FishLipz

Cheap and Easy Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always just right clicked in photobucket "copy" then pasted to my thread I was in. It's never let me down yet

cparka23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When looking at the pic in photobucket, click on the field that says "IMG Code." Photobucket will copy the URL for you. Just paste that into your text when writing your post here, and the photo should appear after you submit the post.

When you paste the text here, it'll look something like this (IMG)http://www.photobucket.com/blankblankblankblank/blank.jpg(/IMG) but with square brackets instead of parentheses.

Vidal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When looking at the pic in photobucket, click on the field that says "IMG Code." Photobucket will copy the URL for you. Just paste that into your text when writing your post here, and the photo should appear after you submit the post.

When you paste the text here, it'll look something like this (IMG)http://www.photobucket.com/blankblankblankblank/blank.jpg(/IMG) but with square brackets instead of parentheses.

Yep, you need the full url of the picture click on the picture icon a enter the full address http://domain.com/images/picture.jpg ...

OP
OP
gfox

gfox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know when i tried that one it only showed up partial.I can copy in photobucket and click on insert image then paste it there, i still get an invalid file.Need help step by step.I know it must be simple.

Captain Nemo

Look Ma, it's Nemo!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Click on the image you want in photobucket u want and then copy and paste the entire address. This is how I do it, and it works for me.

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Log in to your photobucket account. Scroll over the image you want to upload, and you should have a little box appear that gives you "email & IM," "Direct link," "HTML Code," and "IMG code." You need to clcik on the text in the IMG code box and then it should automatically copy it. If not, ensure that all of it is hilighted and copy the text. Then paste the text into the text box on R2R. (Don't click the image icon above the text box) That's all there is to it!

cparka23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know when i tried that one it only showed up partial.I can copy in photobucket and click on insert image then paste it there, i still get an invalid file.Need help step by step.I know it must be simple.
If you've copied the whole address, you should see something like this (with square brackets instead of parentheses):
(IMG)http//****photobucket.com/****/(name_of_picture).jpg(/IMG)
If not, make sure you see the following when you copy the URL.
1.png

When you click where it says IMG Code, it should say "Copied".
2.png

Then paste into the place where you enter text. Do NOT click the "Insert Image" icon.

To really make it clear, this is what this message looks like just before I press the "Submit Reply" button.
3.png

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If any of the mods see this- could we sticky Cparka's post somewhere? I've already sent a few local reefers this thread to give them guidance on posting photo's, not sure if a similar write-up is somewhere else but didn't see it stickied here in the photo forum.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 23.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 34.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 31.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back