Potassium Dosing

  • Thread starter Thread starter rynosreef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

rynosreef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 26, 2011
Messages
140
Reaction score
128
Location
Burbank, CA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently I’ve found that keeping potassium up at 400ppm involves regular dosing. From my tests it looks like my tank consumes 1ppm of K per day (having dropped from 400 to 380 in 20 days time). I’m using the Salifert test kit.

Does this sound normal for an acro dominant tank? I’d hate to find out I’m overdosing it and start killing things. My daily Alk uptake is around 2.5dKh.
 
Not unusual. Do you do regular water change? If so what level is Potassium after WC?
 
Not unusual. Do you do regular water change? If so what level is Potassium after WC?
Okay good to hear.

I do. Usually about 10% a week. I’m not 100% sure the K level after a water change. Next time I’ll be sure to double check.

If I recall correctly, I tested a fresh batch a while back at 380ppm. I use Brightwell’s NeoMarine.

Perhaps that and regular coral uptake are what’s causing the drop. Might be time to fire up another doser! :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new