Potassium Test Kit

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have noticed an orange monti cap I got 2 weeks ago is starting to turn pink. I may run up to AC in a minute to get a test kit and some potassium if they are open today. I might look into iron as well. Any other test kits you guys would recommend besides the normal ones?

Thanks for the offer Bart but Manchester is quite a drive for me.

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I didn't make it today. Didn't have enough time. The more I look at my orange cap, the more pink it looks. :D Any idea if Aquatic Critter is going to be open Monday? I'm going to be off then too.

andywe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the Hannah Cal Checker, I found the need to use distilled water as they point out in the instructions and not try and use RO/DI. I Agree it is a temperamental tester not for prime time, but an FYI on the distilled versus RO/DI as they are not quite the same thing. I get more consistent results with distilled.

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
interesting...i'll have try out using distilled

And has anyone ordered the aqua medic fish trap yet????

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally made it to aquatic critter and they don't have any test kits, only the supplement. :(

poolkeeper1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally made it to aquatic critter and they don't have any test kits, only the supplement. :(

They got a new order in today and I got a second kit for club use and ordered a Strontium test kit too. After looking at the directions for the potassium test i got a headache but will try it after i eat and think about it some more, It's not a simple test to say the least!
Bill

OP
OP
M

mixer911

Make them green with envy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bill, watch this Red Sea's New Potassium Pro Test Kit - YouTube it will make it so much easier to use. After you do it with the video, it is not that hard.

Chris, I can order the trap possibly tomorrow.

Jay, I should be done with them possibly this week. I will let you know. Just checking my potassium once a week to see what it is doing over a few weeks.

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They got a new order in today and I got a second kit for club use and ordered a Strontium test kit too. After looking at the directions for the potassium test i got a headache but will try it after i eat and think about it some more, It's not a simple test to say the least!
Bill

Thanks. I just went ahead and ordered one. With New Years coming up this weekend it could be another week before I could make it back up there. I was reading about it and it does look a little complicated. Hopefully it is more trustworthy than my Hanna Calcium checker at least. :squigglemouth:

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bill, watch this Red Sea's New Potassium Pro Test Kit - YouTube it will make it so much easier to use. After you do it with the video, it is not that hard.

Chris, I can order the trap possibly tomorrow.

Jay, I should be done with them possibly this week. I will let you know. Just checking my potassium once a week to see what it is doing over a few weeks.

Chris at the critter ordered a trap for us today. It's not the aqua medic trap, but almost the exact same thing.

poolkeeper1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That helped a lot as it made it much clearer when you see it done. I also see that you need to keep this for a couple of weeks to find your demand, So as soon as I'm finished i will pass it on to another member that wants to check their levels.
Thanks for the guide for us challenged folks
Bill

poolkeeper1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well even though i have been dosing Potassium for several months mine was still just a little low in the 350-375 range. So i added 20 ML and will test again in 4 days.
Bill

angrycubano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked at the Red Sea Max Reef Care program video and was wondering if anyone else agrees with their claim. Basically they divide their dosing program into growth and then coloration. It makes sense since I notice my SPS frags first encrust, branch, then color up. If that is the case, should I just worry about maintaining proper levels of Ca, Mg, and Alk instead of worrying about other trace elements? They even have different salt mixes for growth and coloring up. Is there validity to this or are they just trying to double down on selling their products?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 99 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.9%
Back