potassium

cooksterni

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently done a triton ICP test and it has said to dose potassium,

"We recommend the corrective dosage be carried out over 2 days. For the first day the dosage should be 60ml. On the last day please use 40ml."

My problem is, I have red sea potassium liquid, does anyone know what the concentration levels of each or what the calculation is for red sea? ICP had potassium at 374mg/l

I worked out what I thought it was based on what I understood and it was a lot less that the triton so i'm questioning my calculations.

My aquarium is around 300ltr water

DC Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the recommendation is based on the Triton Potassium product. I believe the triton target is 400, so you are not that far off. If the Red Sea product has a recommendation of how much to use to increase Potassium I would dose half 1/4 the recommended amount and then test to determine the impact. I have used the salifert potassium test for a few years and it is an easy test to use and the color change is obvious. Once you have determined the impact you can get to the proper level over a few days.

Note, my Triton test came back low as well. I dosed their recommended amount and my Potassium has been flat since. Prior to my reboot of my system I was using the zeovit system and was dosing potassium all the time, now my tank doesn't seem to take up any more than what my water changes replace.

OP
OP
cooksterni

cooksterni

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the recommendation is based on the Triton Potassium product. I believe the triton target is 400, so you are not that far off. If the Red Sea product has a recommendation of how much to use to increase Potassium I would dose half 1/4 the recommended amount and then test to determine the impact. I have used the salifert potassium test for a few years and it is an easy test to use and the color change is obvious. Once you have determined the impact you can get to the proper level over a few days.

Note, my Triton test came back low as well. I dosed their recommended amount and my Potassium has been flat since. Prior to my reboot of my system I was using the zeovit system and was dosing potassium all the time, now my tank doesn't seem to take up any more than what my water changes replace.

Cheers for the recommendation on the salifert kit. Think I might pick it up.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back