Potential Light Upgrade Advice

JohnPH

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 6' tank and am currently running 3 Red Sea ReefLED 90s. I have only ever used these lights so have nothing to compare them with. Coral growth is OK but far from spectacular so I'm looking to potentially upgrade to try and get better spread and more growth. I looked at the Neptune Sky's but they seem to have very mixed reviews so my current thinking is to go with 4 Radion XR15 Gen 6 units (same price as two XR30s but the XR15's give me more flexibility to spread them out more evenly)

Would love to hear what people think & particularly from those with experience of both the Red Sea lights and alternatives. I appreciate that lighting is subjective and quite personal but how can I improve on what I've got?

Thanks

OP
OP
J

JohnPH

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you considered keeping your existing lights amd adding light bars to increase par? Orphek, reef Brite, etc.
Thanks for replying. Ideally I'd like to keep things as clean as possible and avoid adding additional lights

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back