POTO 6th Anniversary Live Sale is TODAY (Sat. 8/29) 12pm-7pm EDT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TeamPOTO

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys grow all your frags or you get them from vendors?

it depends Our SPS we grow 90% of it.
Zoa we grow
LPS frags we grow ourselves
most torches we have to purchase because we can never keep them at the store long enough to grow
the frogspawn and hammers we buy from hobbist in our area pretty much thats our run down

I’ma tempermental coral

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Pieces of the Ocean great sale!!! Sorry I couldn’t really be here for it like I was planning!!! You truly have some amazing sticks I was sooooooo looking forward to picking up today. Unfortunately between last night and today I have been in emergency mode. While I was out of the house yesterday my sticks went into outright chemical warfare that apparently overcame my carbon!!! Mostly caught it in time and did a large water change last night into the middle of the night along with another today during the sale. Apparently all of my lps could care less about the sticks trying to kill each other they are all happy as can be lol. But this situation obviously stole my enthusiasm to put even more sticks into the tank for a little while. Only lost a couple inexpensive frags luckily(still heart breaking! I hate loosing any of my Stony or slimy babies!), but gonna have to wait a while for any more sticks to go in. I did run through the sale and it was amazing and like I said im soooo bummed I couldn’t really participate!!!

@TeamPOTO.... I have a bone to pick with you in particular.... something about pretty girls getting disqualified for being pretty girls..... Hahahaha looks like you kept it fun and exciting for everyone involved! Great job sir!!!

TeamPOTO

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Pieces of the Ocean great sale!!! Sorry I couldn’t really be here for it like I was planning!!! You truly have some amazing sticks I was sooooooo looking forward to picking up today. Unfortunately between last night and today I have been in emergency mode. While I was out of the house yesterday my sticks went into outright chemical warfare that apparently overcame my carbon!!! Mostly caught it in time and did a large water change last night into the middle of the night along with another today during the sale. Apparently all of my lps could care less about the sticks trying to kill each other they are all happy as can be lol. But this situation obviously stole my enthusiasm to put even more sticks into the tank for a little while. Only lost a couple inexpensive frags luckily(still heart breaking! I hate loosing any of my Stony or slimy babies!), but gonna have to wait a while for any more sticks to go in. I did run through the sale and it was amazing and like I said im soooo bummed I couldn’t really participate!!!

@TeamPOTO.... I have a bone to pick with you in particular.... something about pretty girls getting disqualified for being pretty girls..... Hahahaha looks like you kept it fun and exciting for everyone involved! Great job sir!!!

That is terrible news to hear, i hope your tank bounces back better than ever.

on the side note we actually let the pretty girl win =D.
and 2 other customers suckered me with their cute daughters to win a contest.

so no bone to pick here

TeamPOTO

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we use to qt our fish but being in NYC we slowly ran out of space and filled it with display tanks
so now we run 3 systems with copper and 1 system chemical Free

as for corals, we have 1 receiving tub that we store corals for about 1-2 weeks for dipping, and then move to our main grow-out systems. but being a small store of 1000 sq ft. we have to pick and choose what gets longer treatment than others. SPS gets Priority stay in this holding tank and lps doesnt get too long in this holding tank.
i hope that answers your question

I’ma tempermental coral

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is terrible news to hear, i hope your tank bounces back better than ever.

on the side note we actually let the pretty girl win =D.
and 2 other customers suckered me with their cute daughters to win a contest.

so no bone to pick here
Everything seems to be much happier today! A couple of the extra fuzzy sticks like my ORA Borealis aren’t as fuzzy as normal still but have much better PE today so I think we caught it in time! And thank you!!! I’m gonna have to get in contact for some of those sticks I missed today when things stabilize for sure!!! And I know! Still had to give you a hard time though hahaha. Great sale guys!!!

swiss1939

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we use to qt our fish but being in NYC we slowly ran out of space and filled it with display tanks
so now we run 3 systems with copper and 1 system chemical Free

as for corals, we have 1 receiving tub that we store corals for about 1-2 weeks for dipping, and then move to our main grow-out systems. but being a small store of 1000 sq ft. we have to pick and choose what gets longer treatment than others. SPS gets Priority stay in this holding tank and lps doesnt get too long in this holding tank.
i hope that answers your question
Perfect! If you guys ever get the time after all this packing and shipping it would be cool to see a video tour of these tanks and your process!

tvan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

wait she won?!
Sorry for you weekend. I hope your sticks feel better
Tvan

I’ma tempermental coral

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wait she won?!
Sorry for you weekend. I hope your sticks feel better
Tvan
Lol yea she did!!! She won a couple things if I’m not mistaken!!! Congrats @footgal!!! And thank you @tvan!!!! Gonna do one more big water change and another carbon swap tomorrow just to make sure. Also upped the flow a little to at least try and make sure this doesn’t happen again. It’s always a gamble in a completely packed tank though. Really really need to get my sps build finished and running so it can mature a bit sooner rather than later!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 60 55.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.4%
Back